Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Vekoma Invertigo - Dorney Park 2012

Another inverted shuttle coaster?!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Most inverts in one park? Luckily, they're all from different manufacturers.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster

I think it's the one from California's Great America
Quote from their website
After 12 years of service at California's Great America, Cedar Fair has decided to move the ride to another Cedar Fair park and open up a new opportunity for Great America.

This is a business decision that is taking into consideration all of the Cedar Fair properties and allowing us to infuse capital into another park while opening up a great opportunity for a new attraction at Great America.

Although we do not discuss future plans that are not definite, our Corporate Design team has evaluated the location and plans are underway for the future of the location

D1993

Hyper Poster

I think it will be a good addition. Its not really an omg type experience but these rides are lots of fun, and Dorney's not really buying a new ride, its just being moved from CGA. I look at it more like why not?

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

Check my first post. Dorney has announced the ride name will be Stinger. Construction has begun, check out the link I posted, it takes you to the website.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: "Stinger" - Vekoma Invertigo, Dorney Park 2012

Still not convinced by having two inverted shuttle coasters in one park. I wonder how 'obvious' it is to the GP?

Also, I've slightly renamed, and stickied, this topic. :D

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ I think possessed and stinger are quite different rides though. I dont think its a problem capacity wise, because hydra talon and steel force all have great capacity. I couldnt really care less, its a new ride and will be good at dorney

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Hixee said:
Still not convinced by having two inverted shuttle coasters in one park. I wonder how 'obvious' it is to the GP?

But having them right next to each other is something different...

The land of inverted shuttle coasters!!

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

Hixee said:
Also, I've slightly renamed, and stickied, this topic. :D
Thanks.

Hixee said:
Well they're right next to each other.............but knowing the GP they won't notice a thing.

On the other hand, Posessed is actually a good coaster, as for Stinger........... :(

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ boomerangs are solid enjoyable rides ..... when theyre not too rouhgh.
So an inverted facing each other boomerang is fairly exciting. A good adittion for dorney right now.

Snoo

The Legend

At least it's like nothing else in the park right?

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^I guess so, even though it's the same type it is is a completely different layout...like an Intamin rocket coaster and a mega-lite (well, sort of)

D1993 said:
So an inverted facing each other boomerang is fairly exciting. A good adittion for dorney right now.

As long as they go up the vertical ascents/descents together then yes...a near miss point with 2 trains full of screaming peeps! :)

Ben

CF Legend

As long as they go up the vertical ascents/descents together then yes...a near miss point with 2 trains full of screaming peeps! :)

What...?

I don't think having two Inverted Shuttles is as criminal as two B&M Hypers, cause at least they do the same thing.

ry1996

Mega Poster

^ i totally agree with you in all ways, i do feel this will not effect anything or anyone in anyway I do like the ride The location does not matter to me, To most dorney park fans i think the thing that most matters is the fact they willl be getting a new coaster thats all.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ Click on that link I just posted and theres a photo of the ride (animation idk)
Its a light blue and teal sort of like Leviathan.
Will look really good in the park as they have no light blue color roller coasters like this.