What's new

Dollywood | Wildwood Grove | New Kids Area for 2019

Snoo

The Legend
They're called SFCs. :)
giphy.gif

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I know we often go on about how good the current crop of blue coasters look, but that green is something special. <3
I think it's the colour combination of the dark green supports and the track. It looks to have a similar light green-coloured track to RMF Dragon Coaster but because that has blue supports it doesn't look anywhere near as nice.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I know we often go on about how good the current crop of blue coasters look, but that green is something special. <3
At this point, I think we'd be huge fans of any color on the cool side of the color spectrum <3

Hutch

Strata Poster
The family cred seems a lot bigger than I originally imagined. I always admired that layout, especially that drop into the tight turn.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The view from the top of Thunderhead has changed drastically!
POV by CoasterNick3157.

On a slightly off-topic note, Thunderhead has undergone a partial re-track from GCI, with the first couple of turns after the drop and the drop itself being completely re-tracked, as well as other small sections of the ride.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Thought it would be worth mentioning that Dragonflier was quite a surprise. It's more forceful than the other Vekoma family suspended coasters I've ridden, including Orkanen, Kvasten and Freedom Flyer. A few people I rode with during the media event greyed out several times and once it was open to the public I heard comments like "that was too intense", "that was really fast" and "if you can ride that you can ride any coaster in the park". Definitely a great addition to the park's lineup.

Matt N

CF Legend
Thought it would be worth mentioning that Dragonflier was quite a surprise. It's more forceful than the other Vekoma family suspended coasters I've ridden, including Orkanen, Kvasten and Freedom Flyer. A few people I rode with during the media event greyed out several times and once it was open to the public I heard comments like "that was too intense", "that was really fast" and "if you can ride that you can ride any coaster in the park". Definitely a great addition to the park's lineup.
Wait, there have been greyouts? On a family suspended coaster? Dollywood must have lubricated this beast significantly if it's more intense than Orkanen, which it's a clone of!

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Perhaps those people were being a bit sarcastic? ;)

Whatever the case, I think that Dragon Flier looks like a genuinely solid family-thrill coaster. I love how Dollywood has the subtle rockwork and geysers scattered around that first bit of the ride, and being on top of the hill next to Thunderhead surely makes you feel higher up than you actually are.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Has anyone noticed the the added netting on the sides of Dragonflier's trains? Does anyone know what this is for? It looks like it's designed to stop people from sticking their arms out of the sides of the train to me, so maybe it's down to clearance in some way?

streetmagix

Mega Poster
Wait, there have been greyouts? On a family suspended coaster? Dollywood must have lubricated this beast significantly if it's more intense than Orkanen, which it's a clone of!

I can start to grey out on Raik sometimes, that helix is pretty forceful.