What's new

Dollywood |"Wild Eagle"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Wild Eagle" - B&M Wingrider for Dollywood 2012

t seems kinda slow, and the figure eight thing wasn't what I expected. Whatever, I'm sure it will still be amazing!

That video really made me notice that they'll have to be really careful with the numerous trees situated near the coaster (especially some of the turns), although they'll add to the experience, being near-miss points, there is a high probability that they could interfere with the coaster (eg.a branch snapping or falling off). And as it's a wingrider, the train needs more space than most...

Will they employ a full time gardener who will trim the trees or something???

I don't know, but they couldn't be full time, as the coaster would be running during the day. They will have to figure somthing out, or make them do it at night. [/crappyjob]

^^I bet they already have several full time employed gardeners :wink: The park has a lot of other trees and plantations to take care of. So no need to employ a new one. But thers's indeed a risk of branches falling of etc. But I guess they'll just have to cut of dying branches direct and take no chances. If you're careful there wont be any hazard :)

I think, a bit like bus routes, the trees will be being hit enough that they'll never grow.

Like, being trimmed every minute by a train means they'll never really grow. It's not like they need someone there cutting it back between trains, not unless Poison Ivy's somehow infiltrated Dollywood...

Ben said:
I think, a bit like bus routes, the trees will be being hit enough that they'll never grow.

Like, being trimmed every minute by a train means they'll never really grow. It's not like they need someone there cutting it back between trains, not unless Poison Ivy's somehow infiltrated Dollywood...

Thats probably what will happen but that takes a long time to happen and its the people that the branches will hit who are riding so they cannot take any risk of that really.

having a look at some of the construction photos, especially the immelman, the trees look at least a few meters away from where the train would pass so they probably might not even need to think about trimming trees until next season!

Shame Im in the UK, cant really afford to make my way over to the US to ride this, it looks amazing, guess ill have to do with the swarm! ( which is only down my road)!

How do people think trees near other rides manage to stay trimmed...?

Think of how long a piece of tree takes to grow, and how tiny it is when it starts growing. You wouldn't even notice hitting that.

They make sure in the mornings there are no huge pieces are overhanging the track, and they'll cut it all back at the start of the season, but, there's no such thing as a guy that goes around cutting back the twigs at night or between runs as a job.

How would he even reach half the places without it being a total effort?

I'm really loving the look of this ride. From watching the videos I think this would be my favourite of the wingriders so far. Although the Thorpe Park Inversion may become a signature of this ride type, I really like the look of this layout with more familiar elements, so smooth and glidey! I need to think about seriously getting out to Dollywood.

The drop looks mega but some of the elements are looking a little slow from the CG POV.
Perhaps that is just the animation itself..

The location and terrain make this ride better than the other Wingriders but i think they're missing a trick by not including one of those awesome In Line Twists. Certainly looks fun though.

TPR recently had a back stage tour of the Wild Eagle coaster.

thumb_dollywood_6_0.jpg

thumb_dollywood_8_0.jpg

And they were told that the trains wont be arriving until January.

More detail and photo's here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... 0#p1110550

So what are they doing to it now? Just waiting for trains to arrive or is there still construction on the queue and/or station going on around there?

Last update I saw they were working on all the electrical stuff, plus station work, which will be a lengthy process.

Ugh, now I guess we'll just wait till January to see how well it works.

****! That lift hill up the hill looks absolutely awesome! I really hope to be able to ride this some day! :)

^Must be something to do with the wide trains. I love that track colour in that light, looks magnificent.

That's an epic photo, makes it look amazing. Yeah, inversions on wing riders are just odd, even more odd when you're actually riding too.

Status
Not open for further replies.