What's new

Does Anyone remember Blobbyland?

yinyang

Mega Poster
Mr Blobby theme park, i've read up some info on it, does anyone have memories/photos/videos of the place? Now its run down like American Adventure.

peep

CF Legend
Haha, I went there as a young child. Was random. Only thing I remember is the Blobby house and some climbing frames.

Is it still open to the public?

Kebab

Giga Poster
Aw, I went there when I was very young. Sparks a few vague memories from around 10 years ago looking at that picture, I used to admire Mr Blobby, my god he's better than Barney by all means!

I remember the Blobby house, it was like a dream come true sadly enough, now it's just rotting behind those overgrown trees..

Ollie

CF Legend
What rides did they have there? Or was it just colourful houses and a guy in a Mr Blobby suit?
Never even heard of this place before.

kimahri

CF Legend
Is there any photos of it during the time it was open?

What ever happened to Mr Blobby? Him and the Gunge train were my favorite parts of Noel's House Party.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
wow I'd completely forgotten about this place! Went there with my family when I was very young, and too scared to go in the Blobby house incase I got gunged!

Only rides I remember were a 'Dr Burp's Bubble Works' type boat ride and a train.. There are probably more but that's all I remember because i loved trains and the boat ride scared the **** out of me!

EDIT: It was called Crinkley Bottom Theme Park! Unless there were more than one of them? In Cricket St Thomas

EDIT 2: Just mentioned it to my Mum, she reminded me that yes I was scared of everything, and that there's now a Warners hotel there, or next to it, and that the zoo that used to be there with the park is still there.

EDIT 3:
Just found this posted by someone called Thom Gray on a mania hub forum:

Hey I could spend hours talking about this place - it indirectly influenced my life! I went there in 1996, I think it had been open about a year or so before... There was a Mr Blobby house, a Noddyland to walk through and, the best bit, a river ride based on old children's TV programmes like the Magic Roundabout and Doctor Who. I have since been obsessed by that ride and have spent the last three years frantically researching it, and on the way have discovered a lot about Crinkley Bottom at Cricket St Thomas...

The place was set up by the Taylor family and remained there til January 1999 when it was bought by Warner holidays. They got rid of everything (the Blobby bit closed in 1997 however), sold the ride to Watermouth Castle in Ilfracombe and ditched Noddy, play areas et al. It's now a Wildlife Park and adults only hotel, and the only remaining part is the decrepid Mr Blobby house, as previously mentioned. I think it was a mild success, especially the Water ride, but without Mr Blobby promoting it as a 'TV village' I guess Noddy and co seemed a bit out of place so they were scrapped.

A

Anonymous

Hi, I am Thom Gray lol...
I got a Google Alert about this thread and saw DanzibarDrums mention me so I might as well say hi!

But yeah, great place. Hated Mr Blobby as a kid, but that ride was awesome. I went to the derelict Blobby house in July and reminisced. I only wish I had contacted the papers - I'd be rich!

Any other info you wanna know about CST let me know - I've been researching it for three years now!

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
That was a great looking park, if that was still open they could have done so much with it! Bring back blobbyland!!!!!!!!!