What's new

Docklands [14/01/2007 - 06/10/08] [New Park - 10/03/10]

Louis!

Mega Poster
^Still got a way to go, but brilliant work.

The glass blanket is great but it's a tad thin at the bottom.

And yes! That is a great signature shot. Well done.

NP

Lauz

Roller Poster
Wow!! Dude this is absolutly su-****ng-perb! Well done! I dont know what else to say, because it's amazing. Splended. Superb. Immense. Incredible. Perfect. Fantastic. Awesome. Wicked....I dont know what else to say, just that dude, this is SUPERB!

And....-

coaster_monkey said:
Signature Shot?:
SCR2-2.jpg

*DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL*

Cant wait for download!

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Interesting so far.
While I do like we're you're going with the buildings, they seem a bit un-detailed. Use some crown moulding or various balconies/sculptures to give it a bit more of a '3-d' feel. You could also use a color or two to wrap around areas of your building to make it more interesting. Also, while the glass is very nice, it opens up a bit of a flaw in the building in that you can see that some have no floors. If you'd put floors inside the buildings and maybe a detail or two, this could be increibly amazing. Liven it up and add some detail and you'll have amazing stuff here.

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
CedarPoint6 - Yea - this is one big problem I now face. It's either start again with the buildings or just try me best to ''fill 'em up'', but I'm still new to the whole 'extensive theming' so I'll take this idea into account if I start another project much like this one.
Most of the buildings are actually themed fully, however. You say 'balconies' but most buildings I've came across are just a massive rectangle of glass and nothing else. But I *do* see where you're coming from.
Thanks for the comment.

DTCM - lol, thank you very much dude.

NP - Yea, I have a knack of making thin buildings. Not that I do it intentionally - I just don't want to mess up the scale of everything now.

Lauz - Thanks for the words :lol: Download.....You'll be about 18 when it's up for download the way it's going......Very slow construction and idea are running out! :(

----------------

Here's a screen shot of the new plaza out of the new Underground Station.

SCR1-2.jpg

Not complete yet but would like a few thoughts......

Coaster_Monkey

Bitter

Mega Poster
Very nice as always, only thing i can add at this moment is maybe some benches here and there?

Lauz

Roller Poster
Fab as always. Looks great. I dont understand why you are running out of Ideas...Now you've pretty much done the basic realism park of the docks...Just do tower blocks. To make it concide with London's surroundings.

It looks really good dude. Nice.

Jer

Strata Poster
heres an Idea...not sure if you'll like it.

I can see in that screen a flying coaster, flying into the building on left and maybe a helix around the one of the right. Either it's a good idea or it'll destroy your buildings.

00 Tom 00

Roller Poster
I don't usually hang about in these part of the forums much but i just dropped by to say that last picture is incredible

I can see in that screen a flying coaster, flying into the building on left and maybe a helix around the one of the right. Either it's a good idea or it'll destroy your buildings.

Since when do they have flying coasters at fairs? Haha.

Seriously dude, this is absoloutely fantastic and it's slowly becoming one of my favourite parks out there. Not my absoloute favourite, but very, very close. And you should consider that a huge compliment, since I've seen a lot of parks.

Great job, keep up the amazing work.

Louis!

Mega Poster
Brilliant. Nothing I else I can say. Apart from there are no flaws!

I can see in that screen a flying coaster, flying into the building on left and maybe a helix around the one of the right.

It would be a great idea, but IMO it would ruin the fabulous atmosphere this 'fair' will have.

However I would really like to see you attempt a London Eye style building on the edge of the river. Your park would then completely blow my socks off! They are having trouble staying on at the moment.*

NP

*Due to the sheer quality of this park, not because of any other shenanigans.

P.S. Sorry for the long comment, I know how much I like long comments on my park so I figured I would give you one!

Jer

Strata Poster
lol didn't realize he actually ment fair rides. I was in the zone when I came up with that idea.

But it's still really cool! :)

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
Long time eh?

Last month I ended my 2 year drought of employment, so I've been working and going pub every night, thus meaning I've not had anytime to work on my project - apart from the odd 5mins before I sleep.

-----------------

Bitter - I've taken your advise and have places some benches here and there. Because all of the 'tarmac' is scenery pieces the benches are quarter building blocks, from the art deco set. It still looks convincing, just.

Lauz
- Idea taken on board, you'll see a few tower blocks in the pictures below.

V_F - :roll: , thanks though.

00 Tom 00 - Thanks a lot dude. I do like to take real life photos of London and I'm trying to make this project as realistic as it can be - so each screen shot looks like a photo taken from above....or whatever.

LFTL - Not there yet eh? Well, I'm gonna have to try a little bit more eh? Nah, I really funking appreciate the comment dudette.

NP - Well I showed you my London Eye rough design and that was the best I could do :( I've scrapped the idea, however, it was such a fantastic idea I'm really sad that I wasn't able to create it.

-----------------

Improvements everywhere.
I've taken out some of the main road and added a tunnel - new high rise tower blocks at the back of the map and a new underground train line has just been added.
I've just been touching up areas here and there - I've not put a lot of effort into making a super cool building but just making the map look nicer and filling in some of the land.

Photos speak louder than words, so I'll shut up now......

Here's an overview of the developments happening around the bottom of my map. The underground section is now complete, all that needs to be done is the station (near to the Docklands Arena) and a Cinema Complex* on the top of the picture (Light brown patch).
SCR2-3.jpg

Here's a close up, I've tried with as much detail I can put into this.
SCR1-3.jpg

The main road has now become a tunnel, may not be realistic for transport but it gives me a load of space. You see with the space provided I've created a new plaza and soon to be a new sky scraper, much like Euston Tower.
SCR4-4.jpg

Tallest tower block on the map and one I'm quite pleased with. There are two more smaller versions yet to be complete - I'm also going to add a small shopping area.
SCR3-5.jpg

Although this picture is old, I didn't include it in my last update. Around the Docklands area there are old cranes dotted around on the bank side, I thought I'd add a few myself.
SCR5-3.jpg

The story so far.......
SCR6-3.jpg

-----------------

Comments appreciated.

Coaster_Monkey

Louis!

Mega Poster
Supwerb. It's very imaginative and brilliant. I can't really think off anything else to say cause I am a bit hungover lol. It makes me want to start playing RCT2 again. I've had too long a break. Keep it up, it's super.

Wow, 99 percent of the things I see on NE Designs aren't even as amazing as this. I'm serious, every person that's starting to do architecture on Roller Coaster Tycoon should go to you for advice, as I've never seen anyone do architecture this good.

Amazing park, I'm excited to see this complete, and I'm glad you're not letting this park fall into the abyss, as it has been a while since the last update and it was beginning to scare me! Great job. I'm excited to see the fair also.

Bitter

Mega Poster
Nothing constructive to say (so why post at all eh?), just to say amazing as per usual, and glad to see this project is still well and going.

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
NP - Yes, you're bloody right. Get off that fat smelly arse of yours and do your RCT work!......Please :lol: Thanks for the ''Supwerb'' comment.

Lauz - Yea, everyone's most probably ran out of comments to make for the park. I must say the updates are repetitive and don't worry if you can't find anything to say, as long as you've taken notice of the update and appreciate it then I'm all fine.

LFTL - Ha! Wow, I'm never really big headed but that comment made me slightly big headed now, more ways than one n'all......*crack myself up*
Thanks for the opinion, I always feel that I can better myself at RCT - but if I'm nearing the potential of NE then I must be doing a good job here.

Bitter - *hugs*

------------

Just a small update. One area is almost complete! Omangoes!!!
Theater Square has had a massive makeover, the story is an old derelict building has been renovated to a s****y new Cinema/Club. Most of the building is new but you can spot the old fashioned pilers left, matching the underground tunnel beneath.

Cinema/Club as a whole
SCR10-1.jpg

Another view
SCR8-2.jpg

Theater Square, almost complete
SCR9-2.jpg

Picture just looked cool
SCR7-2.jpg

--------------

Comments appreciated,

Coaster_Monkey

Fabulous! Absoloutely funking fabulous. Like I said before, it's absoloutely perfect architecture. Not blocky, nice use of the scenery, and all the buildings are unique from one another, and unique from most buildings I see in any Roller Coaster Tycoon park.

As for the new cinema, it's great. I love the whole walkway thing, and the clock in the centre of it. The building does look pretty cinema-esque as well, if that makes any sense.

Keep up the great work.

Louis!

Mega Poster
Brill. Nothing else to say.

You're right I should get off my lazy arse. But meh! Lol. Keep it up buddy. :)