• eee-ther

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • eye-ther

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

I say "ee-ther"

I dont know what the point is here eether, but i dont think anyone cares.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Either of them, lol. I have no particular preference, just whatever comes out of my mouth at the time of speaking.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Same really

But then again I tend to put on many different voices so it changes with "who I am"

Dude

Roller Poster
It depends on the sentence for me to. Sometimes one saying sounds better at one place in a sentence.

Mack

Mega Poster
I always say it with the long E... I was taught when two vowels go walking, the first does the talking.

Homer

Hyper Poster
Eye-ther, it makes me sound more sophisticated for some odd reason I cant explain.

thx

Mega Poster
Well, I don't speak English so often... before, I used to say 'eye-ther', but then I heard people say ee-ther on the TV and I thought that eye-ther was wrong :lol: . and since then I've said 'ee-ther'.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Mack said:
I always say it with the long E... I was taught when two vowels go walking, the first does the talking.

Hahah, I like thar way of remembering it! I was taught that in German, but I guess it works here too.

Nadia

Mega Poster
like Pierre and Hayley say whatever comes to me at the time, used to always be eeeither but then I heard more people say eyether so now i'm conscious of how I say it so see how I feel at the time lol!!

A

Anonymous

robbeal said:
Either of them, lol. I have no particular preference, just whatever comes out of my mouth at the time of speaking.
Say that first sentence again....
How did it sound! :)

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know if my thread would be locked if i made another one to put a poll on it?
I just now realized how much better this conversation would be If ai had a poll on it.

[I'll edit a poll into this one for you, not sure if you can do it yourself now - Rob]

A

Anonymous

Eee-ther most of the time, i would only use Eye-ther if i wanted to sound posh or people around me were saying it like that.
I dont want to be the odd 1 out do I!!

AeRo

Hyper Poster
I say eye-ther...but then I am Scottish and our pronunciations are usually a wee bit different anyway!

A

Anonymous

VortexChick said:
i say it both ways depending on the sentence lol ... im strange like that!

hehe me too! :lol:

I think most of the time I say ee-ther. I can't actually think right now about which I say and when :?