What's new

Do you ride kiddie coasters?

Do you ride kiddie coasters for the credit?

• Of course! Gotta get those +1s, even if there's a long wait

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Only if its a walk on and I can be bothered

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Nah, I stick to the bigger coasters

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Yes I do. I will beg and grovel and grovel and beg for a +1, twice I have been refused point blank but managed to beat them down to let me get on. I will get the kiddy cred, I've even gotten on my knees to beg (read into that what you will).

njn63

Mega Poster
No, I would much rather stand in line to re-ride something I actually enjoy.

I've also skipped clones (like Batman at SFStL) because I can ride the one at my local park any time I want. Would rather get the most out of my time and re-ride something more unique.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Yuuup, and I scream like I'm terrified as a joke and the ride op(s) always think it's the funniest thing ever cool) .

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
It's all about weighing up the embarrassment factor for me.

Are there other adults on it or the in queue/have I seen on it?
Is anyone riding it currently or would I have to summon an op just for myself?
Is it really, really kiddie or just a small family coaster? (like will I fit in it as an adult?)
Am I with someone else to share the embarrassment?
Do I have to pay extra to get the cred or is it included in a one park fee or wristband?
How good does it actually look?
What mood am I in?

So many factors to consider obviously! :p I put if I can be bothered on the poll.

Darren B

Giga Poster
Last year I literally begged non stop to get some of the most elusive kiddie creds in the UK.

Now I look back and think how cringeworthy those moments were, and if I'm being honest, it embarrasses me just thinking about it. This year I haven't bothered at all, and I won't bother in the future. I don't see the enjoyment of riding big apples and go-gators anymore? I mean, what has that got to do with what we actually enjoy doing? riding coasters for pleasure, fun, and excitement. Nothing.

I'm friends with quite a few people that would sell their grandma for a big apple (I'm looking at you Ben, nadroJ, Jake & Gavin) and if I'm being honest, you all disgust me!

Ben

CF Legend
Whatever Bae, just cause you're newly reformed doesn't make the memory of you begging for Go Gators less than a year ago any less real.

And I saw you squeezing in to Dollywood's kiddie like two weeks ago ;)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Darren B said:
Last year I literally begged non stop to get some of the most elusive kiddie creds in the UK.

Now I look back and think how cringeworthy those moments were, and if I'm being honest, it embarrasses me just thinking about it. This year I haven't bothered at all, and I won't bother in the future. I don't see the enjoyment of riding big apples and go-gators anymore? I mean, what has that got to do with what we actually enjoy doing? riding coasters for pleasure, fun, and excitement. Nothing.
I ride the big coasters for pleasure and fun. I ride the kiddie creds to boost my count and continue my quest to ride all of the coasters in the world. As I'm a lover of all things silly and ridiculous (I spend my working week being serious and professional), I enjoy the farce of riding something not aimed at me! Embrace it! I guess I'm lucky because I have little shame and don't get embarrassed by riding pathetic coasters.

ignace

Mega Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
nadroJ said:
I do if I'm allowed but like, not gunna ask permission for a Go Gator or anything.

+1

Though on a recent visit to Clarence Pier I was denied the kiddie cred there by the burdenous operator man, even though there were zero rules on no adults allowed... Went to the token box man and he took us to it, the loss of dignity with it when he asked which coaster group we were from as if it's a common thing :lol:

I went to Clarence pier with a coaster group 2 months ago, we got denied on our first try to but managed to convince the ops.

Yes, I ride kiddiecoasters and even travel a few hours to ride them. I see no problem with that, I like to discover new places and travelling by train. the +1's are good reason to make such an effort.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Darren B said:
I'm friends with quite a few people that would sell their grandma for a big apple (I'm looking at you Ben, nadroJ, Jake & Gavin) and if I'm being honest, you all disgust me!

Those other three, yeah, but I'm nowhere near their levels of depravity. I've NEVER even asked to get on a coaster, let alone argued with a ride op who's already said no. I'll try and casually walk onto them, and if it doesn't work, that's the end of it. I've sat back a few times and refused to participate in the begging - thinking Flamingoland's Go-Gator amongst others. I've only ever ridden one Go-Gator thinking about it, and my Big Apple count is probably less than 20.

Darren B

Giga Poster
^I thought you onced asked a homeless family living underneath a kiddie cred to open it for you? Whilst throwing money at them in hopes of persuading them.

My comments were very much tongue in cheek. My reasoning for not travelling to grab kiddie creds anymore is pretty much down to me having no company car due to a change in job. I am in the mentality now that I want to plan my future trips around quality coasters rather than +1's, however, if I'm in a group of CFers and there's a kiddie cred to be had, I won't hesitate. Also, if it comes to the point that I need to beg for a Go-Gator at said time, I'll beg. There's nobody better at it than me, and I'm not prepared to allow such talents to go to waste.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Now that's the Darren we look up to and [strike]love[/strike] mildly appreciate.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I did used to try to swing riding kiddie coasters, but I'm at a point where I am perfectly happy with my coaster count (sounds like I'm saying 'I'm happy with my body', doesn't it?), and will gladly ride a kiddie should there be an easy opportunity to do so. Otherwise, I do not get worked up for leaving credits on the table.

mouse

Giga Poster
For me it depends on the park and what other coasters are available. For example if I went to Thorpe for the first time I would rather have a re-ride on Stealth than go on flying fish because I enjoy it more. Enjoyment is what my park trips revolve around, as opposed to getting creds.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Darren B said:
^I thought you onced asked a homeless family living underneath a kiddie cred to open it for you? Whilst throwing money at them in hopes of persuading them.

Well, kind of, but not really.

They weren't homeless; the area under the cred wastheir home. They had air conditioning and everything. It's wasn't the same as being refused and begging. If the park was open, I'd have just paid my £1 at the ticket counter and got on no bother. I just paid it - well, £2 because I had no change - directly to the ride owner instead. They were right there hanging out washing; it's not like I went knocking on their door demanding my cred.

Ben

CF Legend
Didn't you once leave a date in a cafe to grab a kiddie coaster?

And that's more like it bae, ha. You can't fool us.

Although quality every day over quantity.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I wouldn't beg for a Go Gator, but for a Big Apple I'd be annoyed if I got denied, but I can't see myself standing and arguing. And I've persuaded some park management to let me into 'family only' parks, but have explained my reasoning and been in and out. It annoys me when they deny for no reason, especially if I'm trying to give them my money.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^^ Yep, but again I was right next to it, didn't have to beg/get permission etc. The whole thing took 10 minutes; I wouldn't have headed all the way to that park from Tokyo just for the kiddy coaster if I hadn't been there anyway.

Yeah, the situation is still shameful, but getting the actual coaster involved no time or effort.

I'm all about the +1s and will ride anything that's there, but there's a big difference between grabbing a cred that's right there and specifically driving hours for it.