What's new

Do you prefer starter or dessert in a restaurant?

Do you prefer starter or dessert in a restaurant?

• Total voters
I don’t get a starter unless I’m ridiculously hungry and need food ASAP. And I don’t have room for dessert after eating the main meal. So neither.

These are; a starter, a typically savoury course at the beginning of the meal (or if you’re American, I believe this is referred to as an appetiser?), a main course that makes up the bulk of the meal,
And what do we Americans call that main course? An entree. Even though the very name clearly says it means starter. And why do we do this? To confuse the Commies, I think.

Before prices went up, I'd always stick with the appetizer and main course. Hardly ever got dessert unless it was a special occasion.

Nowadays, the appetizers cost nearly as much as the main course in a lot of cases, so there's no real reason for me to order them.

The only time I'll ever order a full 3 course meal is on a cruise ship, but the food is already included in that anyway.

I had a starter today because there was crispy squid. Mmm... crispy squid.

There's always exceptions, but I find desserts can be disappointing out - a lot of puddings feel store bought and microwaved.

[There will be no need to point out that the crispy squid was probably store bought then deep fried]