Votes: 9 60.0%
  • I don't like or dislike it

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Its not my cup of tea

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Quick and easy. We all love positive Gs and airtime! But what about hangtime? Some people find the sensation of being held upside down on flats or going through a slow roll on a coaster interesting and fun (like me) but I have seen people here in the past say they dislike it or find it unpleasent.

Do you rate hangtime or nah?

Hutch

Strata Poster
Sure! I still prefer some other elements, but I'll gladly take some slow inversions. Wicked Cyclone barrel roles and Swarm's inline are the first to come to mind that I find find particular good.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It can be OK. At least, the times it has been good, it was quickly followed by a blast of positive G's exiting an inversion.

However, other hangtime moments, like Silver Bullet's overbanked turn, are just awkward, and clearly elements not being entered at their ideal speed.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I like it. Give me a big floaty inversion... or how the Maurer Sky Loops start, just hanging you 150 feet off the ground. I'm also a sucker for the Intamin Looping Starships, even with their awful OTSR/Lapbar combo.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'm not a fan, one of few anxiety inducing moments I still have on a coaster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
CanobieFan said:
or how the Maurer Sky Loops start

These are the only coasters out there nowadays that I would be scared to ride the first time I do- the hangtime at the start looks genuinely scary and intimidating.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Horrible. Hate it. Especially if it's sustained. Genuinely don't think I'd have the bottle to do a GIB for this very reason.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I like hang time but not necessarily on a coaster as it can often affect the pacing. I think my favourite coaster experience of hang time is Blue Fire. The Screaming Squirrels are also fun but they are designed primarily for hang time and aren't really a true coaster experience. In terms of flat rides, I guess the Sky Swots were fab and Top Spins are too.

For me, hang time is not comparable to other coaster elements such as airtime. But it is fun. It makes me giggle as all the blood rushes to my head.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
I like hang time but not excessive hang time. On coasters hang time can be very good. But Screaming Squirrels are vile. My award for the worst hang time goes to Tomb Raider, the Top Scan at Movieland.

andrus

Giga Poster
I quite like the hangtime on the inside section of Saw. Can't think of any other moment of hangtime that I've found pleasurable though..

Give me upside-down floater à la Twisted Collosus or Helix any day!!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I'm firmly in the don't like it camp.
If it's a slow roll it's usually disgusting, Formule X's and Anubis' for example are vile.
If it's done reasonably quickly or has a finishing snap then I like it, sometimes love it, but those times are extremely rare, like on Blue Fire/Wicked Twister <3

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Went for the middle option. Hang-time doesn't bother me but I don't find it particularly special either. Only moment I can think of that is quite good is Blue Fire's roll.