What's new

Do you keep in touch with your Ex?

DDF14

Mega Poster
1 out of 6 full on relationships

We met while both working as ride ops. She was new and I had been tasked with training her on a ride and then was operating one just opposite her. There was an instant chemistry between us and I asked her if I could take her out and we mutually decided to go to Drayton (Yeah I know) it was so nice to be able to 100% be myself with a girl, we were so comfortable together and it was really great for a few months but it was clear that we were better friends than BF/GF so we both decided it would be better apart. We had great fun at work together and often went out after work hours on nights out. I am always really good friends with her BF's and she has got me out of a few nasty situations with GF's. We still often meet up when I am back in the UK and always do something fun like a theme park or wildlife day out. Falconry was our last time out together as it was just a blast she really is my best female friend and it is just perfect that way.

The other 5 are a complete disaster 4 of which cheated on me (2 of which were in my bed) and the other 1 went mental after I broke up with her. I am always getting friend requests on FB from 3 of the girls who cheated and 2 of them have tried to play me off their current BF as a way to make them jealous but I have declined to even talk further.. If I see any of them out and about I will always try to get out of the place without being seen on some occassions your with a group of fellow dudes and so cant leave the pub/club so instead I just ignore any advances.

Its very tough but sometimes its just not possible to be friends because of past hurt, mistakes and feelings that nothing will really change. Life can be complicated enough why bother with those that only give you a negative feel inside.

I dont think it was coincidence that the 1 girl I still see is a Rock/Alt girl and the rest are R&B loving typical girls (Make of that what you will).

Led Zeppelin / Robert Plant got it right with Dazed and Confused:

"Lots of people talk and few of them know,
soul of a woman was created below."

reddude333

Giga Poster
My first girlfriend and I are really great friends still. It probably has something to do with that we became such close friends before dating so it would be stupid to no be friends just because we aren't dating. In fact, I would still call her one of my best friends and definitely my best friend that's a girl. We are more honest with each other than probably any of my other friends which is nice.

My second girlfriend...well, it didn't last too long and she basically cheated on me over summer break while I was away from school...so yeah. I think she still has mixed feelings but I'm just trying to be as civil as I can. I don't want to be a dick but sometimes I just don't have the energy to deal with her problems anymore. It was a shaky relationship at best anyway...

Update: No.

It becomes too complicated when you're paranoid they're doing things with other people, and now I'm just at the point where I don't even want to be friends with someone who was capable of doing the amount of emotional crap that he did to me.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Ex before last, yes. We're still amazing friends. Text every so often, and have a huge phonecall once a month or so. There are no feelings left but friendship, and it's actually refreshing to be able to stay good friends with someone you were so close with.

My last ex, no. He said he wanted to remain friends, but rarely speaks to me, so meh. If he won't put the effort in, neither will I.

TarinMaria

Mega Poster
I keep in touch with one of two, simply because the one I don't talk to was an utter knob, and I'd never want to talk to him again, but the other relationship ended mutually, and the boy is lovely, so every so often we have a chat on facebook, and I find out how he is... We're not like best friends, but we keep in touch, and it's been nearly a year since we dated, so any anger or resentment has been resolved or forgotten :)

Jools

Giga Poster
I try to stay friends with all of them, I mean we have to remind each other we hate each other at the same time, but it's just a laugh really... I hope hahaha! I've only lost complete contact with two of my exs, but they were both really nasty so they don't deserve my time XD

Tomatron

Giga Poster
If's there no bad feeling, then yeah I keep in touch, but if I've got a good reason not to speak to them then, then I don't.

Lofty

CF Legend
This topic made me laugh, as I posted "No", a week or so ago, I got a text off of him asking if we can get back together, what a nob!