What's new

Disneyland Paris What Will Happen?

Ethan

Strata Poster
cjbrandy said:
If your referring to his n word incident, it was nothing more than a witch hunt instigated by people who don't like him and want to see him fired from the BBC.

No I mean the casual racist language he sometimes uses on and off screen.

Darren B

Giga Poster
I like Jeremy Clarkson, he's one of the only people left on TV that's willing to push the boundaries.

Yeah, he's offensive, yes, he's had his brushes with racism, but, he's great TV!

Ethan

Strata Poster
He's just offensive to create a reaction. It's not humorous in my opinion, it's just annoying.
Maybe it's because he's so arrogant, and his presenting is actually quite dull half the time. I think there's ways of being offensive and shocking that are funny, but he's just an idiot.

Darren B

Giga Poster
Ethan said:
He's just offensive to create a reaction. It's not humorous in my opinion, it's just annoying.
Maybe it's because he's so arrogant, and his presenting is actually quite dull half the time. I think there's ways of being offensive and shocking that are funny, but he's just an idiot.

The thing is, it's down to personal preference, as is anything. I can understand why people dislike him but at the same time it's clear why people do enjoy him. In a world where we're so sensitive and take offense to everything (that's not a dig at you, I'm generalising) it's good to see someone who stands up to that. Jeremy Clarkson has such a major following within the male culture that he's almost untouchable, he'd have to do something pretty serious to be taken off our screens.

Btw, the article I quoted was from JC's column in The Sun newspaper, not from TV.

marc

CF Legend
I really like him he says what he thinks and he does not give a ****.

But it's really clear even before his comments that Disney would never be for him.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
As a Top Gear fan, I really like Clarkson too. I like Hammond and May but Top Gear would fail if Jeremy was ever fired and replaced.

The only time I thought he went too far was when he said that teachers on strike should be "executed in front of their families".

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Ugh but even that is taken out of context.

He was on a BBC 'chat' show and they had been talking about the strikes and the BBC gave the overall impression that they supported the strikes. Jeremy simply said 'this is the BBC so we must not be bias and look at both sides' and then he said that. Was it too far? Probably a little yes, was it a harmless joke that was completely blown out of proportion? 100% yes.

His eeny meeny miny mo incident was probably his worst incident. In my opinion despite mumbling he said that word, but again it was blown way too far. I can't remember what newspaper that leaked it (The Mirror perhaps?) but what absolute **** for doing so.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Jordanovichy said:
His eeny meeny miny mo incident was probably his worst incident. In my opinion despite mumbling he said that word, but again it was blown way too far. I can't remember what newspaper that leaked it (The Mirror perhaps?) but what absolute **** for doing so.

It was indeed the Mirror who leaked it, a tabloid paper which thrives off celebrity scandals and other **** like that. They leaked it not because they were concerned about Clarkson being offensive, but because they wanted him to get sacked.

marc

CF Legend
Maybe this topic needs to be renamed to the Clarkson topic lol.

Back to the topic the guy that have 10% of the shares visited the park and hotels during the week and agrees with the plan and will make more investment.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
I'm not familiar with Top Gear since I haven't watched a single episode and I don't know any character but that escalated quickly. Worst place in the world? Really? Not sure if this is a publicity stunt but time to get back to reality.

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
Glennderp said:
I'm not familiar with Top Gear since I haven't watched a single episode and I don't know any character but that escalated quickly. Worst place in the world? Really? Not sure if this is a publicity stunt but time to get back to reality.

I'll reword it for you

Disneyland Paris is the worst value for money theme park out there

I went recently for a few days and it sucks the magic out of Disney. It's the people more then anything! Staff are less organised, more rude and disrespectful. The character meet/greet are nowhere near as special.

I don't know about others but when I go to the American Disney parks you go to relax, act like a child, forget about work etc. When I went to Paris Disney I was stressed to bits, worrying about extortionate food prices, getting annoyed by line cutters pushing in front when you're trying to take pics with characters. And American people >>>>>> french people.

If it's to succeed as a Disney park they need to get their **** together and live up to the expectations of the brand name.

marc

CF Legend
Yep find the same here. Last time we went a few months ago it was better though but as I said earlier the damage is done and it will take a lot to get people back.

Saying that work mates just got back from Orlando and said the staff were rude and the new system for meet and greets created hour long queues.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
mcgoughchris said:
And American people >>>>>> french people.

This. A hundred times this. Let's just move Disneyland Paris to England and let merlin have a go, that'll really **** **** up for them ;)

mcgoughchris

Mega Poster
marc said:
Yep find the same here. Last time we went a few months ago it was better though but as I said earlier the damage is done and it will take a lot to get people back.

Saying that work mates just got back from Orlando and said the staff were rude and the new system for meet and greets created hour long queues.

There's ups and downs to the new system. Having done florida 5 times now and it being my favourite holiday destination I've got to say I was quite impressed with the organisation.

The disney world app was great, the magic bands were much better especially coupled with the fast passes and the memory maker package for photos.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Jordanovichy said:
mcgoughchris said:

This. A hundred times this. Let's just move Disneyland Paris to England and let merlin have a go, that'll really **** **** up for them ;)
Hey, who could honestly say Disney Village wouldn't be improved by a Sea-Life Centre and a Madame Tussauds? ;)

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Robbie said:
Jordanovichy said:
mcgoughchris said:

Hey, who could honestly say Disney Village wouldn't be improved by a Sea-Life Centre and a Madame Tussauds? ;)

Don't forget they could shoehorn a Dungeons attraction beneath the disney castle! :lol:

ThomVD

Giga Poster
mcgoughchris said:

Then they should build a Disneyland in Sweden. Nothing beats the friendliness and hospitality you get there.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I read an interesting article on the future plan for DLP the other day. Obviously plans can change, but apparently this is whats going on:

Studios

- New logo for the Studios, no mention of new name.
- Complete overhaul of Studio 1 interior.
- Hollywood Boulevard to have real buildings and become the "main steet usa" of the Studios.
- Front lot to be rethemed to 1940s/50s Disney studio theme, including exterior refurbs on all buildings, including Tower of Terror! Sounds like Cinemagique is staying.
- Backlot to become Marvel superheros land. Including a new indoor/outdoor coaster. Armageddon to become a super hero meet and greet venue.
- Toy story Mania will be added to Toy Story Playland by 2018. And it will feature 3 ride tracks to help with throughput.

marc

CF Legend
Just on the way back from the parks now.

It was a great trip so much better than a few months back.

They are 100% on the right track.

Restaurants were open loads of meet of greets and the photo pass plus is a great addition.

Let's hope they carry on but yep so much better than a few months ago.