What's new

Disneyland Paris (re-sized on page 2)

Artichoke

Mega Poster
The rooms look pretty awesome. And you got to take pictures with some of my favorite Disney Characters. -Is jealous- I've always wanted to go to Disney Paris. Must've been amazing.

sheepboy

Roller Poster
Thanks for that Andy

Martyn B said:
And you got to stay in one of the new Sequioa rooms! Definitely an improvement on the old rooms!

What is different about the new rooms? The hotel did smell like it had been recently painted.

Really awesome report and great pictures! I don't know much about Disneyland Paris and all that so it was nice to read it and get a feel of the park. It seems nicer than I thought, and bigger than I thought (I always thought it was like a tiny version of the other Disney parks for some reason).

Thanks for sharing!

peep

CF Legend
sheepboy said:
Thanks for that Andy

Martyn B said:
And you got to stay in one of the new Sequioa rooms! Definitely an improvement on the old rooms!

What is different about the new rooms? The hotel did smell like it had been recently painted.

The new rooms have Babmi images around the room. It definitely looks a lot better and the new theme isn't as intrusive as I thought it would be. Cheers for sharing images of the changes.

Sorry I think the most hilarious comment in that PTR is "There was no theming or pre-show" just above a picture of the pre-show for RnR. :p It is in a bit of a dire state at the moment though, hardly any lights are working these days which is a shame.

The reason why the parade was like that was because they were replacing the floor over in Fantasyland so the normal parade route was not fully accessible.

What did you think of Toy Story Playland?

sheepboy

Roller Poster
peep said:
Sorry I think the most hilarious comment in that PTR is "There was no theming or pre-show" just above a picture of the pre-show for RnR. :p It is in a bit of a dire state at the moment though, hardly any lights are working these days which is a shame.

The reason why the parade was like that was because they were replacing the floor over in Fantasyland so the normal parade route was not fully accessible.

What did you think of Toy Story Playland?

We went into the room, a song played and that was it. There was no real story like Florida where the get you Limo etc.

I really liked the Toy Story Playland, it was very well themed. The queue lin for RC Racer was the best, very detailed and i loved what they did with the Scaletric track on the floor. There was lights, a giant Buzz and also a Giant walky talky, that was pretty cool.

I don't suppose anyone knows wha Slinky is doing in It's A Small World? he is in one of the pictures, i thought it was very strange. You can also see him in my POV of It's A Small World below :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FcTxDu_J00[/youtube]

AndyWSM

Roller Poster
sheepboy said:
I don't suppose anyone knows wha Slinky is doing in It's A Small World? he is in one of the pictures, i thought it was very strange. You can also see him in my POV of It's A Small World below :)

Please, someone must know the answer to this - it's been troubling him ever since we returned from DLP - and he's been getting sleepless nights ever since :wink:

alexr

Hyper Poster
Nice Report, Did you get access to the park earlier because of staying in a on site hotel?
Your hotel looks quite nice, we stayed in Newport Bay last time.

Also does Crush ever not have a queue, last time in the park it was 70 minutes and the park wasn't that busy.

Disagree about Rock N rollercoaster I thought it was quite a good ride and I liked the darkness of it and that you didn't know what was coming next however could see some tack because of lasers, I liked the Launch it was quite forceful. The ride's better than Florida.
Was the Toy Story Land open yet?

sheepboy

Roller Poster
^ Yeah we got to go into Disneyland Park an hour before everyone else, it made such a difference. The queues were getting quite long when the public where let in. Luckily we got to each ride pretty much as it opened so we didn't have to queue until we got into Disney Studios.

It was a good ride with a decent launch; i was just expecting more in terms of theming and was very disappointed when i could see the track.

Toy Story Land was open and was very well themed, RC Racer was very fun and the queue line for it was amazing.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Slinky is in Small World as just a random Disney 'touch'. There's a couple of Lion King characters in there too.

AndyWSM

Roller Poster
Martyn B said:
Slinky is in Small World as just a random Disney 'touch'. There's a couple of Lion King characters in there too.

Missed them!

You know he'll have sleepless nights now until he gets to see the Lion King characters? :?

sheepboy

Roller Poster
No I must have missed that, I only saw Slinky in there, thought was pretty odd. I will have to look out for the others next time I go.