What's new

Disneyland paris questions

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
See, the food used to be bloody amazing, Mark. I remember the burgers from 1997, they were HUGE and superb quality. They've done a UK McDonalds on us - giving us poorer grade food when it used to be good, and less of it for a greater price. I mean, I'd say about 70% were eating food they took from hotel breakfast!

So Mr Disney Manager, doesn't it make sense to drop the prices, which will stop people taking free food from the hotels and get people spending again?

They need to change their ways if they want to get out of this debt but as they are now, they'll go bust eventually and the only thing that would save them is a total Disney buy-out.

Mark

Strata Poster
I pray for a total Disney buy out!

If Disney were to ever make such a move, I dare say that the studios would have a mass overhaul. Not too disimilar to what is going on with California Adventure... Hollywood Studios is also having a heck of a lot of work too....

We can dream...

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Well The Walt Disney Company are only 2% out, to have a commanding role in Disney SCA. I believe they own 49% of SCA and I wouldn't mind a WDC buyout at all. Maybe we'd see further improvements such as the re-surfacing of pathways which SCA simply can't do due to lack of funds.

Martyn B

CF Legend
The food, lol, I LOVE the cheese hotdogs from Caseys and the Pizza Burger from Pizza Planet :p

Disneyland Parc is one of the nicest parks in the world, with some spectacular attractions, you will have a good time, guaranteed!

peep

CF Legend
Screaming Coasters said:
Well The Walt Disney Company are only 2% out, to have a commanding role in Disney SCA. I believe they own 49% of SCA and I wouldn't mind a WDC buyout at all. Maybe we'd see further improvements such as the re-surfacing of pathways which SCA simply can't do due to lack of funds.

You do know they have been re-surfacing the Discoveryland pathways over the last few months?

I think the food is really nice, I honestly have no idea what people are moaning about. I love Walts, it's a bit pricey but it's so worth it, annoyingly they made it more 'posh' last time I was there and now you don't get as much of their amazing food as you used to. Actually I don't think I've ever had a problem with decent food at the resort when I've been. Has anyone actually been to the decent places like Agrabah cafe (a buffet restaurant in Adventureland) or Toad Hall in Fantasyland (fast food but it's a really nice place to eat)?

marc

CF Legend
I have not had a problem with food either Peep, the food place right next to Rock n Roller does the best Crockmasure.

Coffee yes I have had a problem with but now there is a Starbucks lol.

Put it this way the burgers are better than BK at Alton and Thorpe.

Its just gone a bit expensive but thats due to the Euro as well as the prices.

It does take long in all Disney Parks to get work done as they are open all year, places like Thorpe and Alton have no reason as they are shut all winter.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
peep said:
Screaming Coasters said:

You do know they have been re-surfacing the Discoveryland pathways over the last few months?

Yer I saw it, and they're only doing it because of the new Stitch thing. To be honest, it looked pants as it's only patches of pathway.

I complain because I'm seeing DLP through the eyes of a theme park goer, not a DLP fan boy, John. The food is terrible. Even the 'posh' places have gone down. Silver Spur has gone crap and so has Walts. Smaller portion sizes, lower grade beef and higher prices.

Just try Port Aventura, the food there is far superior, cheaper and they sell steak as fast food, which for fast food, is better than what you get at DLP in an a la carte restaurant. They need to step up their game as I and many others actually have tastebuds.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Coffee yes I have had a problem with but now there is a Starbucks lol

OMG, the Nescafe coffee they have all over the parks is bloody lovely! How dare you insult it.

Do they still do that awsome free drink offer after 3pm when buy anything during the day?

Has anyone actually been to the decent places like Agrabah cafe (a buffet restaurant in Adventureland) or Toad Hall in Fantasyland (fast food but it's a really nice place to eat)?

I visit every January, and the restraunts are all on a rotation for opening then, though the all the restraunts down Main Street are open.

I eat the fast food goodness during the day, and save the 'posh' meal for the evening in the Village.

peep

CF Legend
^Lol, I don't drink coffee but it seems that what they offer is a very acquired taste :p

They occasionally have that offer on (which is awesome) and I think part of the deal changes from day to day.

Mark

Strata Poster
The Nescafe coffee is far from lovely. It's just crappy vending machine tripe. Bleurgh.

The best coffee is the fresh coffee you can order as room service. My experience of this was at the Disneyland Hotel. One of the most fantastic experiences was having a fresh coffee at the balcony overlooking a view of Main Street and Sleeping Beauty Castle on my Birthday :)

In terms of food. If you are on a tight budget I dop find sometimes you are extremely limited for choice. The quality is ok but the range of choice is a bit poor.

I would love to try the Agrabah Cafe peep, but on my last two visits it has been closed :(. This would be because I am there during off season I would assume of course, but still, it has been closed.

We did look into having nicer meals in the evening but the restaurants we did look in were out of our price range tbh. The restaurant in the Disneyland Hotel is extremely pricey tbh. With prices starting at about 25Euro for the appetisers. Of course, this hotel is their TOP one so the restaurant is going to be the most expensive (not a complaint by the way!) but unfortunately it out-priced us.

The place I tend to eat, as a fail safe, is over at Pinochios or whatever it is called, in Fantastyland. Nice food. Top end of what I expect as an average to pay for food too, so it is acceptable.

The fact that food seems so expensive is probably more owing to the poor strength of the pound against the Euro rather then the park themselves. So for us Brits, it can get dang pricey! It all depends on what it is you like to eat though.

peep

CF Legend
You stayed at the Disneyland Hotel :shock:

Yeah I think Agrabah cafe is a peak season place only, though the only time they are off peak is jan-feb and sep, when do you go? I know that Hakuna Matata (sp?) is also peak only, though they recently changed food etc there so not sure if this is to change as it does seem to be open more often.

marc

CF Legend
Sorry Erol but the food at Port Aventura was very poor and very expensive.

The only places I have eaten at DLP are the place near Rock n Roller and the food area where they done the Lion King show. It was ok but queued for ages.

The only other place I think was at the Pinocio place, but get that confussed with Orlando so it might have a different name at Paris.

Oh yeah we tried the Pizza Burger thing and it was bad, never again.

But what do people expect, its in house theme park food. The food in Orlando and California was better, but its still the same thing if you know what I mean. I have not eaten at an expensive place in DLP as tbh its very expensive from what I have seen.

Mark

Strata Poster
peep said:
You stayed at the Disneyland Hotel :shock:

Yeah I think Agrabah cafe is a peak season place only, though the only time they are off peak is jan-feb and sep, when do you go? I know that Hakuna Matata (sp?) is also peak only, though they recently changed food etc there so not sure if this is to change as it does seem to be open more often.

Oh yes. We stayed there last year for my birthday. We had a bunch of points from the Disney Vacation Club plot we own that had to be used so we opted for DLP. (It uses up an obscene amount of points too!) It really is an amazingly gorgeous hotel and we had an awesome view from the room of the park. I am sure my photos are around on here/facebook somewhere. I will have a dig around and post a link later on tonight when I get in from work :)

We tend to opt to do DLP between Oct-1st week in Dec. Preferably when the kids are at school and avoiding anything resembling a weekend at all costs.

spicy

Giga Poster
The Disneyland Hotel is beautiful and it makes staying at DLP so magical and its just amazing waking up looking over main street with the castle in the background.

However they have put the prices far too high in the piano bar, I bought a round of drinks which was 1 beer, 1 coffee with tia maria, 1 lemonade and 2 vodka and cokes. How much? A cool 100 Euros :(

Needless to say I didn't drink there again which was a shame as its so nice sitting there by the fire with Disney songs playing in the background.

Im still going back this December though :--D

marc

CF Legend
^Yes the drinks in there was very expensive, we only had 2 coffees and I remember saying it was a lot.

The hotel is very nice though, we were lucky and had a good view of both parks at night. It was also nice waking up and being able to look down Main Street :)

But would I stay there again? Probably not as it was something I wanted to do and have done it now.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Sequoia Lodge for me baby! I have always LOVED it for some reason, it was my favourite hotel as a child too.

I have never rated the New York that much though.

Ollie

CF Legend
I stayed in the Hotel Cheyene (sp?) when I went. That was pretty good. All you really need the hotels for is a bed so it doesn't matter to me which one I'm in. We spent most the nights in the Disney Village anyway.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
We stopped in Cheyenne too, at the start of the month; tbh I didn't think too much of it; the rooms were sub-premier inn, and the breakfasts were partially inedible, due to the horrendous milk served.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I've noticed on a alot of my holidays around Europe that lonf life milk is more commonly used than fresh milk.