Disneyland Paris or Park Asterix

• Park Asterix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disneyland Paris

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tom

Hyper Poster
Basic question: which French park is better?

For me it has to be Disneyland Paris, because of Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and Rock n' Rollercoaster. And there's a hidden gem which hardly anyone knows about: There's an area where you can create your own roller coaster on a very simple computer and ride it in a two-person simulator. Loops and everything!

The only thing worth going for in Park Asterix (for me) is Tonnerre de Zeus, bear in mind I have only done DLP.

What do you think?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
DLP has themeing which cannot be rivaled by any park but it doesn't really have a large enough variety of "big" rides to keep somebody in their mid/late-20's that doesn't like Disney interested.

If I were to take away the Disney aspect from DLP it still wouldn't cut the mustard, whereas if you took the Asterix stuff away from PA, there's enough there to keep me entertained, amused and most importantly, thrilled.

PA also has a more relaxed atmosphere. There are too many families and longer queues for medicore (but better themed) rides at Disney. I hate having to battle through pushchairs, not being able to move for the families standing around as little Jimmy gets a photo taken with Mickey.

PA every time.

spicy

Giga Poster
I just got back from DLP yesterday and everytime I come back I get reminded of what a great place it is. Its probably my favourite theme park resort in the world, its just amazing.

I haven't been to Parc Asterix but I can't see it being a touch on DLP.

So DLP for me!

I haven't been to either, but I've been to Disney in Florida, so I know the extent of the theming that's in them. I also know that for the most part, they lack any huge thrills.

I think I would pick Disneyland Paris though, because even though, like Disneyworld, it does lack some huge rides, it seems to have that "magical" Disney feel that you probably wouldn't get at Parc Asterix.

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
I havent been to eather, but I would have to say: Disneyland Paris.

Even though Park Asterix is bigger, Disney just gets it in themeing. Space Mountian is the ride thare that gets me. It's up hill launch and awesome themeing. I don't think Goudurix and Tonnerre de Zeus could beat that put together.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Parc Asterix just for Tonnerre de Zeus. Miles better than anything DLP has I think. Although if you took Zeus away from Asterix, Disney would be miles ahead in terms of a better park.

scan

Mega Poster
DLP

Theming
Rock 'n' rollercoaster
Space Mountain
Indiana jones
BTMR
POTC
Crushes turtle coaster

Park asterix

Tonnerre de Zeus
Goudurix (this is way to rough)

These are the main rides at each park and DLP wins by a mile wih selction of rides, thwming and the disney studios add on it is by far the best park in France!

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
DLP! The themeing there is just amazing and the rides there are really good! And the thing that's making me want to go back more is the Tower Of Terror that's just been built. So yeah DLP gets my vote. :D

Tony

Hyper Poster
I have not been to either park. Parc Asterix looks like a great park with some pretty cool theming and Tonnerre de Zeus looks awesome but I think that park needs another signature coaster and seems to have been a long time since the park got a large coaster.

DLP obviously has amazing theming and it has more main rides than Parc Asterix.

I'll say DLP but if Parc Asterix got some major investment like a new good coaster I'd probably say Parc Asterix.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Well I will say DLP because it has 2 launched dark coasters, an awesome mine train, a TOT and some other cool stuff.

PA would be alright, pretty much a typical Europe park. Goudrix looks pretty cool despite the horror stories.

spicy

Giga Poster
ThorpeFanatic said:
And there's a hidden gem which hardly anyone knows about: There's an area where you can create your own roller coaster on a very simple computer and ride it in a two-person simulator. Loops and everything!

Thats Cyber Space Mountain in the studios and it isn't there anymore. It was closed when I went and was re-opening as Stitch Live! In March '08. I don't know if Cyber Space Mountain will still be there when it re-opens though.....

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
I love Disneyland Paris. Sure, it doesn't have the thrill rides such as Nemesis but one thing it does have is atmosphere, and lots of it! When I visit a theme park I want to be under the impression I'm in 'another world'. Disneyland Paris does that everytime. I could happily spend 2 weeks there and not get bored.

Parc Asterix looks a pleasant park that offers some decent rides and boats some quality theming in places. I have no doubt I'll take a trip over there sometime in the future.

However, I seriously doubt it would put up much fight against Disneyland Paris.

Lofty

CF Legend
I ahve been to Disney twice and enjoyed it both times, I thiought it was a very good place to be (bear in mind I was young) but still I didn;t get to ride alot, but from what I can remember from it, it was a great park to be in!

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
^ That's the same with me. I was only 9 when I last went which was in 2003 and didn't ride that much but I still found it very nice. :D But the weird thing is is that I rode Rock n Rollercoaster but didn't ride Space Mountain. :? Yet Rock n Rollercoaster has a faster launch.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Well I would have to say DLP as the theming cannot be beaten and I also think it has a better selection of rides.

One thing DLP needs is a nice intense flat for the thrillseekers.

However Park Asterix is a fantastic park, it's just not on par with DLP

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I think I'd have to lean toward what Ian is saying. I've not been to either (although I've done WDW), but to me, the theming doesn't get me as much as a lot of good rides do. PA looks like it has more things that I'd be interested in, so I'll go with that.

A

Anonymous

I went to Parc Asterix when I was in year 4. i remember it well. By far the most simpl fun and the best!

:roll:

A

Anonymous

I like the look of both the parks as they both have a fair amount of rides and attractions but I prefer the themeing of DLP but any way I like them both. I havent been to any of them yet but I will most likely be going to DLP next easter break. I was ment to go in the easter holidays of 2007 but as there werent enough people signing up to go on the trip it was canceled. :cry: