What's new

Did McFly rename Nemesis "Wonderland" at any point?

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Just to settle a dispute me and my friend are having. She says that when McFly played at alton towers around 2005 they renamed Nemesis to "Wonderland" for a whole year. I told her it was ****, can anyone prove me wrong?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Your friend is a **** retard. That's about all you need to know.

nadroJ

CF Legend
No, there was something that happened. It was something to do with the day they played at Alton, I remember promotional videos around the area.

Not for a whole year though, that part is just silly.

I know Wikipedia isn't the most reliable of resources, but:
Wikipedia said:
Nemesis was briefly renamed Wonderland for a month in 2005, to celebrate the release of pop-rock band McFly's new album. The band took a ride on Nemesis on CD:UK, a popular music television programme.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
They did do it, not for how long for. Probably a month like Jordan has stated from Wiki.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpNAc_-51HE[/youtube]

Ben

CF Legend
tumblr_lww9paUz8h1qe7gp9o1_500.jpg

I feel that explains why I don't mind it was changed.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Alton said that it was changed, but the reality was... Nothing. There was promotional bunting I seem to remember, but that was it. It was simply a bit of advertising, but the name wasn't actually changed, they just told the press it was (damn liars, I so inflamed that I wrote a stern topic about it I'm sure) ;)

Lofty

CF Legend
tks said:
dany_main_1418334a.jpg

Me neither.

Disappointed it fits into that cup though.
I'm with you on this one!

Yeah, sorry to say Waffleman, but it's bollocks, the fact you had to actually THINK about it also says you're not the brightest spark! ;)

Mike

Giga Poster
They changed the station music to play a couple of McFly songs, at about 8x the volume of the normal station music, on a loop.

Opping the ride must've been fun in that week!