Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Have you ever kept/do you keep a diary?

I was amazed to find that a friend of mine does, I didn't think anybody did anymore! I don't, I don't think I have any desire too, but if someone has the time and motivation to keep one up I think that's pretty cool.

Blogs/Twitter don't count, I'm talking proper handwritten "keep out - private" type diary.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Yeah, I've got one with a lock on it that I keep under my mattress. I write all my feelings in it and tell it who I fancy.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The only diary I keep is the one I stole from my cousin when we were about 10 years old. I plan to give it back to her when she's 40.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
^same. The only thing is that when I was in 6th to 8th grade my english teacher use to make us right in journals every day but I didn't have a choice with that.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I found an old diary a week or two back that I didn't even remember writing! It was only written for about a week and I think I was in Yr 10 or something. It was the week I was really pissy and punched a twat in my class for being a knob.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Never have and never had the desire or motivation to. Never really seen the point unless you're pretty self-obsessed or live a really really interesting life - I suspect the two go together.

I had to write a journal of the first six weeks of college when I started though. It was a real chore because I have no idea how to make "went to college, learned to code in Pascal, hacked DOS and wrote a trojan horse and was taught to write a memo (probably to all staff warning of hacking attempts and password collectors written by the new students :p )" sound interesting for the 1000 words a day or whatever it was they wanted.

So I made up a story every day instead, a complete fiction related as loosely as possible to the day. I had a 40 minute bus ride each way, so lots of time to come up with ideas and to think of things. Girls getting murdered in the bath by the ghost of a former lover, alien worlds exploding, Mad Max-esque apocalyptic futures, explosions, love affairs - all kinds taken from things I saw on the bus journey that inspired me.

I got a really bad mark due to not actually doing what I was supposed, but the lecturers never actually stopped me - hopefully because they were enjoying the writing. Or laughing at how pathetic is all was behind my back... Yeah, probably the latter :lol: :oops: