What's new

CWOA | Mandrill Mayhem (World of Jumanji) | B&M Wing Coaster | 2023

spicy

Giga Poster
Credit where it is due, that looks absolutely incredible. That second image of the head literally looks like concept art.

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
Another angle.

1666096868133.png

SOURCE:

Lots of nice detailing like moss. I hope we keep seeing more subtle layers added.

It's believed that there could be show effects built into the jaguar shrine, from when the coaster train reaches the top of the helix. Perhaps the jaguar gem could glow and pump out smoke. Something like that would add an extra layer of magic to what is already looking visually arresting.

Last edited:

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I read somewhere (probably Chessington Buzz) that the trees and foliage are being grown off site, ready for the area to look like a jungle come opening day.
This is gunna be the most crucial part of the theming to be honest, jungles need a LOT of plants. While the statue looks good on its own, the foliage will be the real immersive aspect of this place.

For example, you just have to look at pictures of that new Lost Island theme park that opened in the US, themed around a tropical island, but without the foliage it looks pretty awful.

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
This is gunna be the most crucial part of the theming to be honest, jungles need a LOT of plants. While the statue looks good on its own, the foliage will be the real immersive aspect of this place.

For example, you just have to look at pictures of that new Lost Island theme park that opened in the US, themed around a tropical island, but without the foliage it looks pretty awful.

If these plans are anything to go by, there should be a fair amount of foliage throughout the area. Not a huge amount so as to not obstruct sightlines of the Jaguar shrine, but hopefully enough to immerse people in the environment.

jumanji birdseye.jpg
JUMANJI sideangle.jpg

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Nipped over to Chessington a couple of weeks back and couldn't believe the scale of this project.

The who area is absolutely huge, especially considering how compact Chessington is.

Jared

Hyper Poster
^ This. I think the drive tyres will sit in the centre of the station as there is a set on each track piece. I assume these are to hold the train in the station during loading etc.