What's new

CWOA | Mandrill Mayhem (World of Jumanji) | B&M Wing Coaster | 2023

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ah, my mistake for not spotting the drive wheels on the second piece of track at the back.

@Gazza and @Jared are correct. :)

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Well I guess that guarantees a backwards launch out of the station unless the trains actually go backwards through the circuit first.

Forgive my ignorance, but why does this guarantee a backwards launch out the station? I don't really pay attention to these finer details so am confused what gives it away.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Forgive my ignorance, but why does this guarantee a backwards launch out the station? I don't really pay attention to these finer details so am confused what gives it away.
Because there is literally no launch track in front of the station, just that turn.

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
45mph is a good speed for a coaster of this size. With what looks like some extreme banking and tight turns, it could pull some nice forces for a family/thrill coaster.

Reactions: JMW

cocoa

Mega Poster
I think they could seriously increase the throughput on shuttle coasters if they just connected the track at either ends. that way the train could continue forward to the station and you could have multiple on the circuit at once

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I think they could seriously increase the throughput on shuttle coasters if they just connected the track at either ends. that way the train could continue forward to the station and you could have multiple on the circuit at once
Then wouldn't that just a normal full circuit roller coaster??

I don't know if I'm misunderstanding your point but this post has baffled me cause it completely defeats the purpose of a shuttle coaster.

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
That's genius... If they extended the layout a little, added a few block brakes in, they could have even more trains.

Why has nobody ever thought of this before?

emoo

Hyper Poster
Switchback at ZTD is a full circuit, even has a one way lift hill. Uses a little switch track to great affect. I think gerst have done a steel coaster shuttle full circuit with lift hill somewhere.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Switchback at ZTD is a full circuit, even has a one way lift hill. Uses a little switch track to great affect. I think gerst have done a steel coaster shuttle full circuit with lift hill somewhere.
Mystique at Walibi Rhône-Alpes and next year Palindrome at Cotaland.

I am still intrigued by John Wardley's words: he said that he was impressed by how they could maximize capacity on this coaster with a shuttle layout. Maybe we read too much into his words but I can't think of a way to fit a second train.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Mystique at Walibi Rhône-Alpes and next year Palindrome at Cotaland.

I am still intrigued by John Wardley's words: he said that he was impressed by how they could maximize capacity on this coaster with a shuttle layout. Maybe we read too much into his words but I can't think of a way to fit a second train.
The quoted throughput, 720 rph, adds up perfectly to one train, with 6 rows, every 2 minutes. 1 minute ride time, 1 minute load time.

Sadly, I don’t ‘think’ there is any hidden secret here. :(

Edit: The really sad thing is that if they had gone for 7 rows, as with most B&M coasters, that would have been a much more respectable 840 rph… 8 rows 960 rph… :(

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
The quoted throughput, 720 rph, adds up perfectly to one train, with 6 rows, every 2 minutes. 1 minute ride time, 1 minute load time.

Sadly, I don’t ‘think’ there is any hidden secret here. :(

Edit: The really sad thing is that if they had gone for 7 rows, as with most B&M coasters, that would have been a much more respectable 840 rph… 8 rows 960 rph… :(
It’s seemingly touch and go as to whether the ride has 6 or 7 rows, so we could yet be in luck. The planning application says 6, but both the renderings and people in the know suggest it will be 7…

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
It’s seemingly touch and go as to whether the ride has 6 or 7 rows, so we could yet be in luck. The planning application says 6, but both the renderings and people in the know suggest it will be 7…
But the stated throughput, and associated calculations, also support 6 rows. :)

If you look at the left arrow on those plans, it’s a different length.

Jared

Hyper Poster
The throughput hasn’t been stated in the plans… That’s all enthusiast speculation at this point. From what I’m hearing it’s closer to 1200pph. How true that is it to be confirmed of course.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
The throughput hasn’t been stated in the plans… That’s all enthusiast speculation at this point. From what I’m hearing it’s closer to 1200pph. How true that is it to be confirmed of course.
Interesting… I must have been mistaken then. Thought I’d read that it was stated in one of the consultations / press conferences / interviews. :/

Where on earth did I get the 720 figure from then? Because it’s only here that I’ve seen any information on this addition. 🙈😂🤷🏻‍♂️

Matt N

CF Legend
If I’m remembering correctly, the 720pph figure was extrapolated from the Environmental Impact Assessment (which talked about noise), which described 6 row trains (with each row seating 4 people… I definitely seem to remember 24 being mentioned in there somewhere), a ride time of 1 minute and a load/unload time of 1 minute.

Unless there’s a second train lurking somewhere or the trains seat more than 24 riders, it appears as though we’re looking at a 24 rider train every 2 minutes, which would equate to 30 trains per hour or 720 riders per hour.