What's new

CWOA | Mandrill Mayhem (World of Jumanji) | B&M Wing Coaster | 2023

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
I believe that they will want it open for Easter - this is just for a TV advert so they could open it for Easter, get stress tested, and start advertising ready for Summer breaks.

The coaster is practically finished, and a majority of the big themeing elements are done too, so it's certainly not out of the question to get it open for Easter.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster

World-of-Jumanji-coming-to-Chessington-World-of-Adventures-Resort-1-scaled.jpg

IT HAS 7 CAR TRAINS

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Concept art looks fab. And dare I say it, realistically achievable.

Mandrill Mayhem continues to confuse. That all but confirms a singular row facing the other direction, which is weird. And whilst I get what they have tried to do with the mandrills, I'm struggling to get over (my own) preconceptions that having a non-winged animal on a winged coaster just doesn't feel quite right.

On a different note, the concept art look at the train doesn't show vests, just a lap bar:
jumanji_cwoa_aw_pro1920x1080.png

Other Merlin artwork of winged coasters has clearly shown OTSR/vests. So will be interesting to see if this is a feature of the trains for junior coasters, or just the artwork.

Last edited:

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
81D29A58-CCE0-45BE-A23F-FD1AE7C5A633.jpeg
Just spotted this on Chessington’s website, which suggests that the World Of Jumanji area won’t open at the start of Chessington’s main season in March.

I am glad that the coaster does atleast have seven row trains as it will potentially help improve the overall capacity, this investment is still very baffling, but at the same time I do love it.

emoo

Hyper Poster
Couldn't see on the official website but their Facebook account is giving a 1.2m height restriction. Nice.

Callum

Roller Poster
Good to see its a 1.2m height restriction. Thought it didn't make much sense to have a 1.4m at Chessington

Unpopular opinion but i'm a big fan of the backwards row facing the other way. Kids love a front row and this will essentially provide 2 very different front row experiences with it being a shuttle coaster

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
A bit of a strange comment from the press release;

Scott O’Neil, CEO of Merlin Entertainments, which operates Chessington World of Adventures Resort, said:
“We look forward to Welcome-ing you to the Jungle this spring, as the amazing World of Jumanji opens at Chessington World of Adventures Resort. Families should prepare to be turned upside down… literally, as the first NEW rollercoaster in nearly 20 years at the Resort has a twist, turn and flip that will have you holding on to your seat! This is the Next Level for families wanting to explore the ultimate adventure together.”

I personally wouldn't want to be highlighting that it's been 20 years since they last put in a new roller coaster. Quite a strange 'flex' and you realise how long Chessington has relied on Dragons Fury and Vampire to carry their coaster lineup.

That aside, I think the whole new area looks great, and if done right with lots of foliage will look fab. I think a 1.2 ride makes a lot more sense for the investment and will be a great first inverting coaster for many visitors I'm sure.

Last edited:

spicy

Giga Poster
A bit of a strange comment from the press release;

I personally wouldn't want to be highlighting that it's been 20 years since they last put in a new roller coaster. Quite a strange 'flex' and you realise how long Chessington has relied on Dragons Fury and Vampire to carry their coaster lineup.

That aside, I think the whole new area looks great, and if done right with lots of foliage will look fab. I think a 1.2 ride makes a lot more sense for the investment and will be a great first inverting coaster for many visitors I'm sure.

I took that as a pretty self promoting comment, rather than promoting the park

'Hey look at me Scott O'Neil the new CEO.. Nick Varney didn't do this in 20 years!'

Even though he probably had very little to do with it..

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I took that as pretty a self promoting comment, rather than promoting the park

'Hey look at me Scott O'Neil the new CEO.. Nick Varney didn't do this in 20 years!'

Even though he probably had very little to do with it..
This was my reading too. Sounds like classic CEO speak to me.

Rupert

Mega Poster
“We look forward to Welcome-ing you”
So weird that ‘welcoming’ is spelt like that in the press release…

Looks good though. Still worried about capacity but hopeful for great operations. Also I was thinking that half the train forwards and half backwards would have worked quite well - this way there could be quite a queue for the backwards seats (which don’t necessarily add very much on this kind of coaster - never make it far up the drops for example).

MrHarrisonPearce

Roller Poster
Concept art looks fab. And dare I say it, realistically achievable.

Mandrill Mayhem continues to confuse. That all but confirms a singular row facing the other direction, which is weird. And whilst I get what they have tried to do with the mandrills, I'm struggling to get over (my own) preconceptions that having a non-winged animal on a winged coaster just doesn't feel quite right.

On a different note, the concept art look at the train doesn't show vests, just a lap bar:
jumanji_cwoa_aw_pro1920x1080.png

Other Merlin artwork of winged coasters has clearly shown OTSR/vests. So will be interesting to see if this is a feature of the trains for junior coasters, or just the artwork.
As much as I'd love it to have lapbars, it seems unlikely. The concept art for Raptor at Gardaland also showed lapbars and Mythica Coaster at Legoland Deutschland was already been confirmed to have vests back in November sadly.

1673959320157.png
https://www.parkerlebnis.de/legolan...bahn-mythica-coaster-fuer-2023-ab_153417.html

Dar

Hyper Poster
There are a few videogame references in these PR dumps; "press start at 9.30am", the loading graphic and "players wanted" on the first ride opportunity. They say "Escaped from the cinema and way beyond a board game", could this be themed to a videogame version of Jumanji? Maybe a mobile app that sucks you in, with some AR in the queue to help sell it?