What's new

CWOA | Mandrill Mayhem (World of Jumanji) | B&M Wing Coaster | 2023

spicy

Giga Poster
I just love the overall madness and craziness of this coaster they can call it whatever they want and that awful name just adds to it all.

I’ve been an enthusiast for a long time and never been in such awe at such a random project and confused and happy at the same time.

I know this is going to ride awful and I also know i’m going to love it.

English Coaster Guy

Roller Poster
I know this is going to ride awful and I also know i’m going to love it.
This ^^^

I have similar feelings about Furius Baco, not just because its a wing coaster. It's just a bit mental/quirky, which I love.

I mean. You're sitting on a wine barrel (a possessed wine barrel) when a pesky monkey riding a sky bike pulls a level he shouldn't have done sending the professor into meltdown, filling the laboratory with wine. As a result, the train launches at a ridiculous speed before diving into a sandy void before doing a few turns, smashing your spine to pieces in the process.

Both coasters are akin to those I have in my coaster dreams.

However, can't help but think it would have been more commercially sensible to erect a Vekoma Junior Boomerang or something along those lines.

Mandrill Mayhem, wtf 😂.

Archie

Mega Poster
This ^^^

I have similar feelings about Furius Baco, not just because its a wing coaster. It's just a bit mental/quirky, which I love.

I mean. You're sitting on a wine barrel (a possessed wine barrel) when a pesky monkey riding a sky bike pulls a level he shouldn't have done sending the professor into meltdown, filling the laboratory with wine. As a result, the train launches at a ridiculous speed before diving into a sandy void before doing a few turns, smashing your spine to pieces in the process.

Both coasters are akin to those I have in my coaster dreams.

However, can't help but think it would have been more commercially sensible to erect a Vekoma Junior Boomerang or something along those lines.

Mandrill Mayhem, wtf 😂.
i think furius baco might be the only coaster at portaventura that i might actually be scared to go on

bratcurry

Mega Poster
It's good on the front row (it was anyway, might be too rattly there nowadays), but if you get assigned back row don't even bother, better off going straight down the exit imo.
I cannot remember it being that bad in 2021 and we're pretty sensitive when it comes to rattling. El diablo was way worse.

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
I cannot remember it being that bad in 2021 and we're pretty sensitive when it comes to rattling. El diablo was way worse.
That El Diablo is worse then Furius Baco i can understand, because the first coaster is 12 years older than the second one.
But Furius Baco is very bad too, especially the outside seats are terrible. The coaster has a good launch but everything else about the ride, is terrible.
And that was 5 years ago during my last visit.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I love Baco to bits, but only on the front row. Towards the rear of the train it's unbearable, especially on the outer seats, I never knew a coaster could be this unpleasant. So yeah, only good at the front, so I guess overall the coaster is very much a failed product!

At least this Jumanji coaster should be smooth, even if it is a bit dull. I just hope the name is a prank or false rumour, because it's pretty appalling!

Matt N

CF Legend
Out of interest, when do we reckon the land might open?

I reckon a start of season opening might be doable myself, as the coaster itself is almost complete, testing in 2-3 months seems feasible, they’ve already installed some theming, and I heard that they’re allegedly growing trees and plants for the area off-site to allow for quick landscaping.

I could be very wrong, however; I don’t know what anyone else thinks.

Matt N

CF Legend
@Matt N I’m sure they said in the original documents that the area will open for the start of the season
Ah, that’s interesting; cheers for the info!

I did wonder if the slightly difficult process of getting planning permission might have stalled that timeline a bit, but it doesn’t look like it, as far as I can see.

Jared

Hyper Poster
If I’m not mistaken, is that some sort of holding brake on the top of the helix track? Or is that simply part of the crane that’s holding onto it?

Also, is that all of the track completed now?

There’s a stopper on the end as well as some fins to prevent the train hitting it. The track isn’t completed, no. The other spike is to be completed, but likely won’t for a while yet as it goes where the site access is at the moment.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Ok this looks awesome (will ride meh but looks great).

4b69b960b5f4024a25599c7bcadbe0e3.png

ostrich-stampede_22-12-2022_03.png

mandrill-mayhem_22-12-2022_02.png

mandrill-mayhem_22-12-2022_03.png

mandrill-mayhem_22-12-2022_05.png

mandrill-mayhem_22-12-2022_12.png

mandrill-mayhem_22-12-2022_06.png

mandrill-mayhem_22-12-2022_09.png

More images here.