What's new

CWOA | Mandrill Mayhem (World of Jumanji) | B&M Wing Coaster | 2023

NickJavs

Roller Poster
It certainly is unusual. It looks to me like B&M are using this as a case study for future projects. I can imagine a model like this to create an adventure style ride with switch tracks, multiple launches forwards and backwards (A B&M version of Hagrid's or Expedition Everest).

Do you think we could see a holding brake near the top of the helix? A quick bit of theatrics from the Jaguar theming, maybe see the jewel light up and some smoke and sounds before the coaster is released backwards?

Archie

Mega Poster
It certainly is unusual. It looks to me like B&M are using this as a case study for future projects. I can imagine a model like this to create an adventure style ride with switch tracks, multiple launches forwards and backwards (A B&M version of Hagrid's or Expedition Everest).

Do you think we could see a holding brake near the top of the helix? A quick bit of theatrics from the Jaguar theming, maybe see the jewel light up and some smoke and sounds before the coaster is released backwards?
that would be very cool

Matt N

CF Legend
Chessington Buzz have leaked the names for the rides within the World of Jumanji: https://www.facebook.com/1000636492...bpGmQkbUM4tG651sGq71isPb5nAsNTzD8CKkTnpbyLbl/

They are suggesting that the coaster will be named Mandrill Mayhem, while the two flat rides will be named Ostrich Stampede and Mamba Strike.

I think having the names emphasising animals would be cool, and would fit with Chessington’s vibe well, but I must admit that a mandrill wouldn’t be the first animal to come to mind when thinking of a wing coaster for me… what do you guys think?

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
Extremely odd choice of theme and name for a wing coaster. I was expecting the coaster to be themed to the mission Dwayne Johnson goes on in the first film, with the riders flying to return the jaguar gem to the jaguar shrine. Then we call out Jumanji's name and traverse the same layout backwards, simulating the curse being lifted. That's what I was expecting personally, given that the coaster literally wraps around the jaguar shrine.

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
Chessington Buzz have leaked the names for the rides within the World of Jumanji: https://www.facebook.com/1000636492...bpGmQkbUM4tG651sGq71isPb5nAsNTzD8CKkTnpbyLbl/

They are suggesting that the coaster will be named Mandrill Mayhem, while the two flat rides will be named Ostrich Stampede and Mamba Strike.

I think having the names emphasising animals would be cool, and would fit with Chessington’s vibe well, but I must admit that a mandrill wouldn’t be the first animal to come to mind when thinking of a wing coaster for me… what do you guys think?
Lucky none of the rides will be called "Jumanji The Ride".

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
There quite literally is a Mandrill Stampede in one of the Dwayne Johnson films, so that would've been a far more suitable name for the coaster.

ML27

Roller Poster
Because it’s pretty much unrelated to Jumanji means that it’s pretty much seamless to change to an Amazon area.

Now, that worries me that if the rides are unrelated to Jumanji. What is the experience going to be of the rides. Will we see the rock in the queue line or will it just basically be a Amazon rainforest land. Just stick a few trees in and make it look overgrown.

You can’t call it world of Jumanji without it feeling like your in the movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
The inclusion of the jaguar shrine automatically connects the area to the first Dwayne Johnson film. Given that it has such a high build quality compared to Croc Drop and the original Dragon Falls rockwork, I can see the IP lasting for a while longer than people are expecting. It may well be a permanent fixture at the park.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Mandrill Mayhem? Sounds so ****, reminds me of that old Sky TV game (Beehive Bedlam)

52563720440_73f35f4b14_z.jpg