Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sirloin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Filet Mignon

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Mmmmm, I'm a HUGE steak lover. I'm a member of a couple of steak joints and I've been to Steak & Wine Co. of Westfield so much that they've given me a Gold card.

Now I was just wondering what your favourite cut of Steak is?

Mine has to be Sirloin.

Although the Fillet cut is supposedly the best cut, I find that because there is no fat around the meat or even marbled in the meat, its a very bland steak cut.

A good Sirloin on the other hand has a nice strip of fat on the outside, and lovely marbling through the meat, which makes it so tender and flavoursome. Although a lot of people beg to differ when they see that I order mine blue (below rare). :)

So choice from the most common cuts:

Rump
Rib Eye
T-Bone
Sirloin
Filet Mignon

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Rump.

Always good to chew on a choice piece of arse.

Ben

CF Legend
Rump.

Yes, I can wait for the "ha, Ben likes eating arse" jokes.

... mmm... arse...

Martyn

Giga Poster
I usually pick Sirloin.

I remember having a nice T-bone in America, but that was probably just a case of it being good quality meat, so any cut would have been immense.

I watched Jamie Oliver make an awesome looking Chinese steak the other day, and that used Ribeye, and now that I've got an absolutely awesome Le Creuset griddle pan, I'll be having a go at that myself very soon!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Just pass me a cow on a hot day and I'm a happy man. Don't worry about killing it, it'll eventually die from natural causes (blood loss from huge gaping wounds and bites are perfectly natural causes).

Mike

Giga Poster
If I'm in a restaurant, and both sirloin and rump were offered, I'ld just take whichever one's the biggest! :p

Medium done with plenty of pink in the middle, with decent quality meat, and it wouldn't matter which cut I get! :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Mike said:
If I'm in a restaurant, and both sirloin and rump were offered, I'ld just take whichever one's the biggest! :p
That's the crux of it for me. It's about value for money. Sure a bit of sirloin is very tasty, but you get more meat for your money with rump.

I want to camping now. Every time I do, I have steak in baguette. It's my favourite campsite dinner.

kimahri

CF Legend
Well done Sirloin With little fat. I don't really like the texture of fat, makes me feel ill. Same with other types of meat.

One day I might try a Medium well Stake.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Its all ribeye. The best of both worlds, you get a nice sirloin with a great fillet. Its great working in a meat shop and getting my steaks cut to my specificity. mmmm steak. Medium or Medium well, depends on my mood that day. I typically marinade it the night before. Gotta go charcoal grill, gas grills are for burgers, hamburgers, and sometimes chicken. Go big and get a nice Weber.

I want a steak now...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Filet Mignon, Prime Rib, Porterhouse, T-bone or even Ribeye are all good, but my favorite is a good New York Strip steak. It's a short loin (see chart below). This is where Porterhouse, T-bone, Tenderloin (or Filet Mignon) and Top Loin (aka Strip Steak) come from. With so many choices missing, something is way off with this poll.
Any true streak affectionado orders theirs medium rare. Anyone who orders one well-done should be thrown out of the restaurant & banned for life.
The best steak outside of Argentina can be enjoyed at Peter Lugers in Brooklyn, but London has it's fair share of good steak houses - the best being Maze Grill (Hawksmoor & Gaucho are right up there too).

Strip Steak (for those not familiar with the cut):
n.%2051.jpg

I obviously take steak very seriously. :p
cutsofbeefchart.jpg

Jake

Strata Poster
Well Jerry, the British cuts of beef are actually different to the American ones (also different in the rest of Europe and probably everywhere else).

American (like you posted above)

511px-Beef_cuts.svg.png

British

511px-British_Beef_Cuts.svg.png

Dutch

Dutch_Beef_cuts.png

I like a bit of tongue myself.