What's new

Cringe Worthy Non Coaster Enthusiast Comments you have heard

vaugc002

Hyper Poster
I had one of these at work - I was in the break room and I brought up the topic of Thorpe and their new ride. Someone mentioned during the conversation that they love Saw at Thorpe Park, but hate how it 'stops at the top'. I commented that they may be thinking of Oblivion rather than Saw, but they were adamant. Then to my surprise, someone else said they remember it stopping at the top too!
I didn't want to come across as rude so I said maybe something changed, and I quickly found an old POV to show them (hoping that would convince them)
But even after watching, they both were certain that it 'used to stop at the top' and must have changed. Grown adults btw.
Bizzarre!

owenstreet7

Roller Poster
One of the comments I've heard is along the lines of "Paultons Park, isn't that for kids?" which comes from the reputation that the park has from it's Peppa Pig World area.

That probably will be a thing of the past after 2026 with the viking themed coaster with inversions teased opens 🎢

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Ehhh, potentially controversial opinion here, but Paultons Park is for kids. Or at least families with younger kids.

Yeah sure, they've added bigger rides, and it isn't exclusively for kids. But I'd never go with non-enthusiast friends, because it's a family park for kids.

Ehhh, potentially controversial opinion here, but Paultons Park is for kids. Or at least families with younger kids.

Yeah sure, they've added bigger rides, and it isn't exclusively for kids. But I'd never go with non-enthusiast friends, because it's a family park for kids.
I think I agree with that one unless its the closest park to you, then you have little choice.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster

yep, I agree, not controversial in the slightest imo. A serious park with a big future (I hope) but still a kids park at the moment. As I don't have young kids anymore, I would only visit for an enthusiast event, or to quickly grab creds if I needed them.

Not going to take much more for the park to transition to a family thrill all-rounder though.

owenstreet7

Roller Poster
yep, I agree, not controversial in the slightest imo. A serious park with a big future (I hope) but still a kids park at the moment. As I don't have young kids anymore, I would only visit for an enthusiast event, or to quickly grab creds if I needed them.

Not going to take much more for the park to transition to a family thrill all-rounder though.
Completely agree that at the moment, I would visit purely for an enthusiast event or with a fellow enthusiast as the reputation of the park is still "a kids park".

I believe that it has already transitioned to a "Family Thrill All-Rounder" and is equivalent to a "Pre-Jumanji Chessington".

It only needs a few additions and it will become more of a rounded all ages theme park .

Boodangy

Mega Poster
Just freshly experienced:

Two guys in queue behind me yelling at riders at Linnanmäki: "Ahh ahh shut the **** up why are you screaming" and when they ran a test run "Thank god at least no-one screamed that time" and once they themselves got on the ride they spent the whole ride cycle yelling angrily at everyone to shut up.

Why are y'all at an amusement park if you have to cry about kids screaming and having to queue for rides 😭 I don't get it...

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Totally the opposite of cringeworthy, but one of my bosses asked me basically, "WTF is going on with Hyperia?". Rather than falling into the trap of reading bs social media comments or tabloid exaggeration, he asked me where he thought he'd get a better chance of a serious, informed answer.