What's new

Cred Quest - Gotta Ride Em All!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
CHangy1.png

So another long offshore job another large amount of time sitting around doing sod all. Usually I devote these times to research for VH or making stupid statistics or flow charts. This time I thought I would do something different.

So please welcome the completely pointless Cred Quest. (what I am going to assume is the first ever classic text adventure game devoted only to riding creds)

The premise is simple. You arrive at a theme park. There are 10 creds here. Can you ride them all before you leave the park in your car?

This is a simple text adventure style game that out older viewers will be no doubt more familier with than the younger but the game has been designed so you don't have to use the typing bar if you don't want to. Just clicking on any object hyperlink will give you the available options. (for example the first thing you should probably do is click on the ticket machine and click "use")

If you have an object (for example a key) in your inventory then a door will simply open when you go through it. (no need to go with the more traditional "use key with door" )

There are 3 ways to die/lose so be careful

Anyway I'm sure it's full of spelling errors and horrible grammar but it is me after all. My single playtester finished it in under 30mins so there's a target too.

As always this is just a stupid bit of time wasting on my part but hopefully someone will enjoy it :p

Enjoy.

Edit: having typed all this in my phone I've remembered there's actually a gaming forum. I'm sorry. If a mod wants to move it over then feel free as i guess it's more suitable there.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Aha, that's quite nice! I played around with it for a bit, I'll definitely come back and play it properly soon! I did have some trouble trying to click on certain actions, not sure if that's a bug or a browser issue. Regardless, it seemed quite fun!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
In retrospect maybe i knew posting it here meant no one would ever see it :p

QUOTE="GuyWithAStick, post: 1068905, member: 35512"]
Aha, that's quite nice! I played around with it for a bit, I'll definitely come back and play it properly soon! I did have some trouble trying to click on certain actions, not sure if that's a bug or a browser issue. Regardless, it seemed quite fun!
[/QUOTE]

Sorry you had that issue. I wrote it in a desktop program and thanks to terrible internet offshore never had the chance to test it online. But it worked fine on the desktop app.
CP6 tested it when he could and found a few errors but i thought I had fixed them all. :S

However since posting the link on reddit it seems it may be a browser issue. but not quite sure why or which browser screws it up :/