What's new

Crazy Coaster's Dev Topic: UPDATE pg. 8

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
A Mega-Lite, by any chance? Doubt it, as I think it isn't your style to do recreations. But I think I'm right in that it will be in the style of one.
The 3Ds looked amazing. Reminds me of something, Disney perhaps, but I can't put the finger on anything.
Really looking forward to this.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
^ Yes, thats correct! It is a Mega-lite, but its of my own creation. It has one or two sections similar to the clones, but apart from that its unique.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Well, I think that video could have been done better I.E. start out mellow like you have it, then splice in <1 second scenes of a train rushing by, with a suspenseful music, then fade into something suspenseful ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Says Xpress... our resident motion graphics and movie designer. ;)

bob_3_

Giga Poster
oh yeah xpress, like every other NL video on YouTube. This video captures the mood of the ride perfectly and in a unique way. Don't tell people what to do Andre knows what he's doing, just appriciate it.

I'm all for constructive critism but yeah, what you said was utter tosh.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Well Xpress, this is only a quick preview of whats to come. The ride is far from complete, All the texture work is basic and needs to be overhauled before this thing'll be ready.

I only wanted to announce the ride using something other than pictures, in a way that shows what the rides about, without giving too much away just yet. :)

Xpress

Strata Poster
Crazycoaster said:
Well Xpress, this is only a quick preview of whats to come.

Lol, my video editing side took over... :oops: And I use Final Cut PRO FYI..

Soooo, estimated release date?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
And I use Final Cut PRO FYI..

It's not the tools you use, it's the person who makes it.

Sorry I lashed out before Xpress, but your idea's were horribly cliche, I think this presentation is refreshingly beautiful.

tks

Strata Poster
Sort of reminds me of final fantasy.. Where everything is a bit futuristic, but everyone still uses windmills and hot air balloons..

I like. :)
(and yay for the old designs. I lost them all during one of many many laptop meltdowns!)

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
^^ :D

^ Yeah thats sort of along the lines I'm going for with this, I've taken inspiration from Final Fantasy, IoA, DisneySea, Discoveryland off of DLP, Italian Port towns amongst others.

As for a release date, I'm still not gunna hold it down to anything. Once I finish with the 3ds file mainly, it'll be exported out of Object Creator into something more advanced to work with better texturing and such. The OC is very basic when it comes to this, so I'll need to get my head around something better to get the textures closer to what I've imagined for the ride.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
ProjectTidePreview2-1.jpg

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
The car texture makes the train look really wooden. I'm loving this more each time a new update is added.

How far until completion?

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Its about 95% done now. Its now in the process of adding finishing touches, such as signs, benches, lockers etc and the creation of the last couple of textures, for shop windows etc and the logos for the rides.

As for the cartexture, its not actually wooden, its more machiney and bronze:

ProjectTidetrain.jpg

:D