What's new

Crappest April Fools

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Urgh. So despite last night being the mildest of the year, apparently "two icebergs have been spotted in the Solent." /Express FM.

Earthquake in Blackpool /BBC.

What other **** ones have you come across?

Although I did LOL this morning when I read the local paper's website. One bloke is commenting "April's Fool!" on every news item, even the serious ones. Brilliant! http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/

Martyn

Giga Poster
April fools day is f*cking tedious. It's the Internet's fault.

Google always do something, and they put a bit of effort in and it's very clever, but it's just obvious.

Blackpool really could do with a quake and a tsunami though.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ That'll be the Gmail Motion one then.

Martyn

Giga Poster
Yeah. YouTube's "1911 mode" too.

YouTube's are always kinda weird anyway, they're just more interesting, amusing features rather than trying to make you believe something.

Last year's (I think) text mode for videos was pretty mega, just from a how-the-f*ck point of view!

Artichoke

Mega Poster
I'm a really good prankster. I don't really celebrate it like that, but when I do... I get em good :--D

davidm

Strata Poster
Do we not think "Earthquake in Blackpool" is a little poor taste to be a April Fool by the BBC?

My money is rather on "Electric Rolls-Royce"

--

LinkedIn has "people you may know" all as famous fictional characters this morning.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It's snowing here. This better be a
icon_censored.gif
ing April Fools joke.

Will

Strata Poster
This went out to the winners of Force India's VJM05 test driver competition...
207319_10150143113267936_292141847935_6367735_6055635_n.jpg

Made me smile, but was kind of obvious.
Better than this ****ing colour scheme though!!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I hate April Fools day, however, I swiped my mates phone earlier and changed my name in his contact list to "God". I'm just about to ring him so his caller display will read "God is calling" and I hope he picks up :p

Google's this year is to type "Helvetica" into Google...

V That's the one :p

nadroJ

CF Legend
Sam found one on the BBC Sport website this morning, something about Portugal selling Christiano Ronaldo to Spain even though they can't technically do that. He got very angry and annoyed and then I pointed out the date, and yet he still went 'it might be true though'. No Sam.

Mike

Giga Poster
There was one I saw earlier about something changing colour and make my eyes hurt for a little while. Pretty crap tbh!

;)