What's new

CP10`s construction topic (Pentney Lakes)

reddude333

Giga Poster
^Scw55's color scheme choice.

I think these are looking great (as always). The wingrider is definitely following in line with Wild Eagle and Gatekeeper with the large sweeping elements as opposed to the compact layouts that the majority of wingwirders have now. It's refreshing really :-D

P.S.: I am definitely a fan of the username change

Colossus

Giga Poster
Thank you guys for your valuable input.
Porte - Yeah the colour scheme was chosen by scw55, I agree it certainly does look interesting, but it might actually workout once I unmask the theme, you are however right about the trees, I`m looking to change then, I actually think I have the spice set of trees, I would really like the set that somebody else is using in another topic, but has not told me what the set is?

Reddude - Thank you for kind words, I really was inspired by the video of GateKeeper, not to copy it in anyway, but to emulate the grace and smooth transitions between elements whilst making it nice and big. I`m actually really happy with how this is turning out, even the POV looks really fantastic, I can`t wait to get it done and show you guys.
Yeah the name change had to done ;), although I enjoyed having the longest name on CF, it was a bit of a nightmare for people to have to keep abbreviating it, its betting to just introduce myself as Colossus. :)

I`ll have the next piece of "People Power" input up tomorrow for you guys to help me with along with what you can expect in the next update. :)

scw55

Hyper Poster
I'm a fan of RCT1&2 colour schemes. I'm a fan of the supports being part of the ride rather than something you pretend doesn't exist.

Colossus

Giga Poster
scw55 said:
I'm a fan of RCT1&2 colour schemes. I'm a fan of the supports being part of the ride rather than something you pretend doesn't exist.

Please explain what exactly constitutes a "RCT1&RCT2 colour scheme? I`m not sure exactly what you mean by that?
Also, I think your comment on supports? Who is that aimed at? Regardless, we all take our support work very seriously, for me its one of the most important aspect of creation, good support work can make or break a whole project.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
scw55 said:
I'm a fan of the supports being part of the ride rather than something you pretend doesn't exist.

Well, then check back Virtù's megamassive supportwork ;)
I don't believe using less flashy colors is pretending the supports do not exist. For me it's rather about making the color pattern way more harmonious. But yay, trying some other colors is a way to make a difference as well ^^

Colossus I also like the name change, although the former was more original, shorter = better in my opinion.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Important Announcement [/b

So the first part of "People Power" has been a success and work on the winning B&M Hyper will begin soon.

So we have most of the large coasters announced and under construction, so whats next, well we all know its not all about the creds to make a decent park, we need flats too.

With that in mind this is going to be the next part for you guys to get involved and have your say.
As a base mark we`re going to have 6 flats, 3 of my choosing and 3 of your choices, the poll I`m going to set up will contain 8 choices of flats, you will all be able to have 3 picks on this poll, and at the end the winning three will be the ones to be installed.

My three will be -
S&S Screamin Swing
Intamin Drop Tower
Mondial Top-Scan - Black Widow version

Your choices will be -

S&S Sky Swat
Huss Top Spin
KMG Afterburner
Pirate Ship
Mondial Windseeker
Super Rides Super Star - Top Star ingame
Swing Inverter
Other Please specify.

The poll will run for 10 days, please get voting :)

The next update which should be up in a week or so will contain.

- Park entrance.
- Plaza area
- Installation of a Flat
- Shops and other buildings around the front of the park.

Work on the rides is halting for a while to get some of the other important jobs done and to give you guys something different.

Twn114

Roller Poster
I would love to see an S&S Sky Swat and KMG Afterburner, They are rides that I rarely see used in RCT3 parks (probably due to the silly footprint size) but i would love to see how you could integrate it in the park with CS!

I think you have chosen a good mix of rides and i'm really looking forward to seeing how this park turns out, loving what it looks like so far, especially that bridge and fort thing you have going!

gopats1479

Mega Poster
I'm going to suggest something not on the list: Huss Giant Frisbee. I know that it's similar to the Afterburner, but I find Giant Frisbees more aesthetically pleasing.

But besides that, go with a Windseeker and copy Cedar Fair.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Ok so we have 1 vote each for the Sky Swat, Afterburner, Windseeker and a Huss Giant Frisbee.

Marvelous, keep em coming guys.

So lets talk attractions, lets see what we have so far and how we`re getting on, sort of like a progress report, if its in bold then its complete, we`re looking at about 40 attractions complete before the presentation process can begin.

Coasters
1. GCI Woodie - Layout - Supports - Station - Theming and surrounding Area
2. Wingrider - Layout - Supports - S tation - Theming and surrounding Area
3. Mega Lite - Layout - Supports - Station - Theming and surrounding Area
4. Impulse - Layout - Supports - Station - Theming and surrounding Area
5. Hyper - Layout - Supports - Station - Theming and surrounding Area
6. Port Comp - Layout - Supports - Station
7. Medium - Layout - Supports - Station - Theming and surrounding Area
8. Kiddie - Layout - Supports - Station - Theming and surrounding Area

Other custom rides
1. Log Flume - Nothing
2. Rapids - Nothing

Large Flats
1. S&S Screaming Swing
2. Intamin Drop Tower
3. Mondial Top Spin
4. Peoples Choice
5.Peoples Choice
6.Peoples Choice

The rest of the attractions are currently undecided.

Colossus

Giga Poster
This has not been forgotten about, infact there is a pretty huge update coming within the next couple of days, if I could just get a few more Flat ride votes.

Thank you.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Thanks, I have been very hard at work on this over the week, I literally put about 12 hours work into it the other day, I`m going to load the game tonight to take all the pictures and I hope to post the update tomorrow. :)

Colossus

Giga Poster
Okay so here we are, time to give a little back, firstly I`ll share with you the areas inwich I said I would work on, the park entrance, shopping area and installation of a flat ride.

Then later we will see the extra work that has been done since the last update.

So lets start off with the entrance.
Shot0060.jpg

So its pretty generic looking and didnt take too long, its sort of a different angle to the park entrances I normally make, nothing too flashy considering it probably won`t feature too much in the finished park.
But it looks nice and fits in with the forest setting of the park.

Shot0061.jpg

So after the ticket office`s come the ticket turnstiles, again, really happy with this, its not much and werent hard to do, but it looks nice and fits in nicely, a real case of something small but looks nice.

Shot0062.jpg

So after entering the turnstiles, comes a small shopping area.
This has taken quite a while to do actually and although it don`t look like much, I`m happy with its progress, it`s been a lot of trail and error, with too many ideas going on and working with multiple new sets of CS, this area has soaked up lots of time.
I intend to get the shops full, perhaps turn the water hole into a fountain and place a statue in the grass area. There`s also a toilet building that you can`t see in the shot as its behind the camera that is in need of finishing.

Right now for some rides.

S&S Screamin Swing.
Shot0063.jpg

I like this, my favorite feature is how its set in with the queue, it looks much more realistic without the huge paved area that comes with the swing, so I simply just removed the perimeter fence and covered it with a mixture of Coasterboys path extensions and ShyGuys planters, resulting in something much nicer looking. The only thing with this is that its in a section of the park on its own as the surrounding area its blank, which will obviously change, and I might change the colour.

Bonus Content 1

Raven

Shot0064.jpg

Introducing, Raven, the winning B&M Hyper voted for by you, the first coaster to actually be 100% completed (Wingrider station is still incomplete) and it only took 1 day, granted it was a long day well over 10 hours infact, but I had the plan and idea for quite a while so it was a case of just executing it with the layout and theming.
Shot0072.jpg

Although complete an its whole area complete, filming won`t commence until the Intamin area of the park is complete as it sits directly infront of the lift hill and first drop, looking a bit silly and I can`t officially present it until that area is complete. I`m going to leave the stats hidden until then also, I`m genuinely happy with this and I thank you guys for helping me choose it, I was skeptical at first as to how I would integrate such a ride into the park, but I`m over the moon with the results I hope you guys are happy with it.
Shot0071.jpg

Shot0070.jpg

Shot0069.jpg

Shot0066.jpg

Shot0067.jpg

Shot0065.jpg

Shot0072.jpg

Shot0075.jpg

Bonus Content 2

Intamin Drop Tower.

Shot0073.jpg

Shot0074.jpg

Obviously in the Raven area, two reasons for this, the lack of free space in the area holds well the small footprint, also the height fits well next to Raven also, I was going to put it next to the Wingrider but it didn't look that good. Only other note is that I may change the green.

Bonus Content 3

Vekoma SLC

Shot0076.jpg

I`m not saying too much on this as it will feature as my entery for porte`s contest so I`ll keep the details and stats for that topic, although it won`t be posted there for a while as although the ride is 100% complete I need to film it and put the vid together.
Shot0079.jpg

Shot0082.jpg

Shot0083.jpg

Shot0081.jpg

That`s about it for now, if I cant get 1 or 2 more votes on the flats that would be really appreciated.

Thanks, Nick.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
really loving Raven and the SLC (even though it is an SLC). The layout of the park looks nice as well. Simple and understated, yet it fits the park perfectly.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Cheers guys, I`m really happy with Raven, I`m looking forward to showcasing it properly when I make its video.

Colossus

Giga Poster
So the winning flats are , Sky Swat, Windseeker and Giant Frisbee.

Anyway the Wingrider and its surrounding area are now finished :)

Shot0093.jpg

Here is the station building, the idea here is not to be confused with a sci-fi theme, its more of a fresh modern airy building to accompany the ride itself.

Shot0086.jpg

Shot0088.jpg

I wanted to add a keyhole section but acted against it as I didn't really want o rip off GateKeeper, so I added an inline twist fly over section in the station building, I thing its a really cool element.

Shot0091.jpg

Brake run section.

Shot0092.jpg

Shot0087.jpg

Also we have the S&S Sky Swat placed in the area.

Shot0090.jpg

And some splash boats, which are quite cool because the splash zone covers the pathway leading from the ride and area exit.

Shot0085.jpg

scw55

Hyper Poster
^ I love Station interactions with coasters. For some reason it magically injects artificial life into the Coaster.
Just so happens that my entry to Port's contest has a station interaction :>

gopats1479

Mega Poster
That station fly-through is the best element I have seen from you so far. It's original and it complements the ride type very nicely. Can't wait for the POV!