What's new

CP10`s, Coaster competition - Your Choice.

Which competition would you like to see

• Recreation

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Dark Ride

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Intamin Challenge

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Olympic Themed /ride

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Colossus

Giga Poster
Now I know I said ages ago that I wouldn't do my own, competition, but I have decided otherwise as I have a little fun idea that I would like to share with you guys.
This competition will be unique because in this topic you guys will vote for what competition you would like to participate in, Then once the voting ends I will host the winning competition.
There are 4 choices to pick from, I shall give you a brief rundown of what each theme will roughly consist of.

Recreation
Here I will list 10 coasters of my choice, you guys will then chose 1 of those coasters to recreate, each coaster chosen will be unique to the person that chose it, so it would be useful to get in there first to chose your ride to avoid disappointment, You will also be PM`d a picture of your coaster, in which it will be your mission to recreate that shot as best as you can as this will be part of the scoring.

Dark Ride
Its up to you to complete you very own dark ride. Now the ride wouldn't have to be in complete darkness, but It would have be completely indoor and should not be able to see the outside world.

Intamin Challenge
Simple really, an Intamin only competition.

Olympic Themed Ride
To commemorate the fact that it is an Olympic year, its up to you to create a ride to honor London 2012 and create a ride themed completely around the Olympics.

This poll will run up until 10pm (British time ) on Sunday 11th of March, and the winning competition will start on Monday 12th of March.
CS will be allowed on all comps.
voting will be 60% my choice and 40% public vote.

scw55

Hyper Poster
Intamin is the only one that excites me.
I'm releaved that the re-creation thing only applies to the photograph showed, so that's not too bad.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Well the whole ride would still have to be recreated as close as is possible as there would be points for that also, the screenshot is a added task which to gain extra points and is also something a little different.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
All ideas are interesting and deserve to have a contest of their own. However, since we have to make a choice ...

Recreation : Well, I don't like making recreations, probably since I'd rather make my own projects. However I'd love to see how the others would do.

Dark ride : Favors too much CS over non-CS rides here in my opinion, as the layout and terrain don't really matter. Could be interesting but not my stuff.

Intamin : YEAH BABY ! Intamin ! So simple yet so awesome when greatly executed. Not the most original pick, but totally what I'd like to make. My choice !

Olympic Themed : Nice theme but... vs Intamin ?

reddude333

Giga Poster
Recreations are very tough with RCT3 (although that might give me an edge), but I would probably prefer any of the others. That said, I chose Olympic themed because I think it is the most unique, it has the most potential, and I already have ideas forming in my mind for what to do :-D

reddude333

Giga Poster
Yeah, I mean...Intamin is great and all (they are my favorite manufacturer) but I really really like the idea of Olympic themed as it is more original and timely.

scw55

Hyper Poster
I find it hard to get excited over the Olympics.
Either a Greek themed coaster or a replication of an event.

Diving; big vertical drop into water
Sprinting. Archery; Launch
Wrestling might be interesting; an aggressive duelling coaster.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Well, sure, I could do that...I suppose it partially depends on which coaster types you would allow. But honestly I didn't see my plans involving any sort of Intamin coaster.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Well if Olympic Competition is the winning one, any coaster type would be fine as it`s all about the theme and not the coaster type.

If Intamin Comp wins, you could theme it on the Olympic `s themed, but obviously the coaster would have to be Intamin, So Impulse, Mega, Stormrunner etc.

scw55

Hyper Poster
I've been seeing if I can do anything interesting and non-lethal with the impulse coaster. Here's hoping I can use my practise for the contest.
I wonder if I can make Hand-Gliding an Olympic event if Olympiadness is the theme.