Votes: 11 73.3%
  • I count dueling as 2, racing as 1

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I count them all as 1

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

TilenB

Strata Poster
How do you count the dual tracked coasters you ride? I'm currently torn between whether I should count them as 1 or 2 and I'm wondering how most of you see the coaster counting system.

Ben

CF Legend
There is no right or wrong answer to this - people count what they want and how they want.

Having said that, the "usual" method for dueling coasters is to count them as two if they are separate tracks, and one for mobius.

I count mobius as two though because, you know, I'm a whoe.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I even count mobius as one, because the way I see it there are a lot of coasters where you don't complete the track, like Stealth or Rock n Rollercoaster. In my books that's the same thing.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It's not as simple as the poll TilySlo posted suggests.
Ben said:
There is no right or wrong answer to this - people count what they want and how they want.
If they are racing or dueling with the same track layout, then I count them as one (i.e. Gwazi, Gemini, American Eagle, Vleermuis, Colossus, Ramses, etc.). However, if the tracks are not identical I count them as two separate credz (i.e. Dragon Challenge, Le Monstre, Battlestar Galactica, Joris en de Draak, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Winjas, etc.). Then there's the Möbius versions that I count as one only if I've ridden both sides, regardless if both tracks are identical or not (i.e. Grand National, Kennywood's Racer, Nitro at Dennlys Parc, Montaña Rusa at La Feria Chapultepec Magico, etc.). Chris (rollermonkey) used the same method to skip his 1000th and went from 999 1/2 to 1000 1/2 to 1001 by riding one side of Montaña Rusa at La Feria Chapultepec Magico, then riding a different coaster at the park before returning to ride the other side.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I count Joris en de Draak and Winjas as two because they are two coasters with different layouts. I'd probably count two coasters with the same layout too. Not sure about Möbius coasters yet. I will decide on that once I've ridden Grand National.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I count Möbius coasters as one, and dueling coasters like what ECG said- same layout as 1, different as 2.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
ECG said:
If they are racing or dueling with the same track layout, then I count them as one (i.e. Gwazi, Gemini, American Eagle, Vleermuis, Colossus, Ramses, etc.).
Do the two sides of Gwazi really have the same layout? I was always under the impression they were different.

- - - - -

As Ben and Jerry have said, there's no right or wrong answer to this, but here's my system for what it's worth.

Duelling - two, one for each side
Racing - one, regardless of which side is ridden
Mobius - one, only once both sides are ridden*

So far it has worked well for me, and I haven't come across a mobius coaster where I haven't been able to ride both sides within the day. I don't think I'd like half-creds, so if it ever did occur I'd probably come to some resolution on the matter.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
I keep it simple and usually just go with what coaster-count has as an option. So if you can tick both sides, I do that.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Hixee said:
Do the two sides of Gwazi really have the same layout? I was always under the impression they were different.
Other than being mirrored, both sides of Gwazi are identical. So I consider them to have the same layout. Others can disagree and say that the layout is different because they are mirrored. We might have to say that there's no right or wrong answer to this as well. :p

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Hixee said:
As Ben and Jerry have said

Ben%26Jerrys-Coffee-Heath-Pint-Small.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. :p

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Ha, I didn't even pick up on that at first! :lol:

ECG said:
Hixee said:
Other than being mirrored, both sides of Gwazi are identical. So I consider them to have the same layout. Others can disagree and say that the layout is different because they are mirrored. We might have to say that there's no right or wrong answer to this as well. :p
Ah right, I thought that they were sort of mirrored/cloned/modified versions of each other, but not identical mirror images.

Either way I think they're different enough that I'd count them as two.

BBH

Giga Poster
ECG said:
It's not as simple as the poll TilySlo posted suggests.
Ben said:
If they are racing or dueling with the same track layout, then I count them as one (i.e. Gwazi, Gemini, American Eagle, Vleermuis, Colossus, Ramses, etc.). However, if the tracks are not identical I count them as two separate credz (i.e. Dragon Challenge, Le Monstre, Battlestar Galactica, Joris en de Draak, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Winjas, etc.). Then there's the Möbius versions that I count as one only if I've ridden both sides, regardless if both tracks are identical or not (i.e. Grand National, Kennywood's Racer, Nitro at Dennlys Parc, Montaña Rusa at La Feria Chapultepec Magico, etc.). Chris (rollermonkey) used the same method to skip his 1000th and went from 999 1/2 to 1000 1/2 to 1001 by riding one side of Montaña Rusa at La Feria Chapultepec Magico, then riding a different coaster at the park before returning to ride the other side.
American Eagle's return layouts are different, enough in my book to constitute counting them separately if you're going by ECG's system (which I don't use). But again, it's a completely individual matter of opinion.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
BBH said:
American Eagle's return layouts are different, enough in my book to constitute counting them separately if you're going by ECG's system (which I don't use). But again, it's a completely individual matter of opinion.
American Eagle's sides are as different as Rebel Yell's, Thunder Road's or The Racer's at Kings Island. In other words - they are the same.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^They actually are a bit different. After the big helix, the track to the final helices are different. The first half is indeed identical, but after you exit the helix, they're slightly different.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Mobius is one cred, anything else is two in regards to duelling/racing/etc. as each coaster can be considered a separate entity from the other... Mobius' obviously cannot be considered separate, it really is that simple for me (hence that Steeplechase +3 <3)...

njn63

Mega Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
^They actually are a bit different. After the big helix, the track to the final helices are different. The first half is indeed identical, but after you exit the helix, they're slightly different.
Yep.

They're different enough that people have a favorite side that they're loyal to. I think that says something.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I just focus on how many unique tracks there are. A racer with two separate sets of track? Two credits. A racing mobius with one track? Count as one credit, only after having ridden both sides.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Same here.

It's fairly straightforward really; if each side can operate independently, then it's a coaster in its own right. If it's not possible to operate only one side (mobius, not that there a huge number of them), then I count them as a single ride, providing that I've done both sides.