What's new

Coronavirus: Impact on Theme Parks

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Vampire is currently operating, but only loading guests into alternative rows to 'maintain social distancing'.
Merlin are idiots, and I’m completely ashamed with blackpool’s and paulton’s response as well.

Drayton and dreamland are the only uk parks who have handled this responsibly. They will be the only two uk parks I am visiting once this is all over

Last edited:

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Merlin are idiots, and I’m completely ashamed with blackpool’s and paulton’s response as well.

Drayton and dreamland are the only uk parks who have handled this responsibly. They will be the only two uk parks I am visiting once this is all over
You would have thought in the wake of the Smiler incident and the pressure that put on first responders (difficult place to get to also) Merlin would operate with more caution than Drayton, Dreamland and Fantasy Island.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I believe that after today's lack of crowds, Merlin will have no choice but to shut, if for no other reason than just because they're not making money.

I'd expect an announcement today or tomorrow to say the parks are closed as of Saturday.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Towers staff are now apparently being told the park will not be opening until the 25th April, an announcement is coming tonight. Unsure how true this is but have now heard it from multiple sources.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Towers staff are now apparently being told the park will not be opening until the 25th April, an announcement is coming tonight. Unsure how true this is but have now heard it from multiple sources.
If towers shuts that's all merlin parks closed. They have already closed their London attractions.

With schools closing tomorrow it would be really irresponsible if the parks (merlin, BPB & Paultons) remained open over the weekend.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
The only thing that annoys me is that they were adamant that if the government advice didn't change they were still open- the government advice hasn't changed so why are they closing? They shouldn't have dug themselves into a hole
Possible someone from the government or council made a call to them.

I'm not happy seeing any park closed but they should operate in solidarity as much as they compete with each other. The sooner this virus gets booted off the face of this earth (as in a vaccine available or a treatment that at least helps the vulnerable when it's needed or indeed if we develop immunity), the sooner these parks can reopen or operate fully without any issues.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
The only thing that annoys me is that they were adamant that if the government advice didn't change they were still open- the government advice hasn't changed so why are they closing? They shouldn't have dug themselves into a hole
Because the other merlin parks are making a loss ;)