What's new

Corkscrew's Removal (Alton Towers)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ultimate Coaster said:
Can you discuss this in the rumours topic please, nd keep this JUST about Corkscrew's removal?

Just curious, but what exactly ARE we supposed to discuss about Corkscrew's removal in here?

I mean, if you want to keep it to opinions, then we all pretty much got that out in the first pages in the form of "Well, too bad" or "About time" or "Who gives a sh*t?" or "NOOOOO!"

Other than that, I'm not sure what discussion there is to be had. It's going. That's it. As far as discussion is concerned, the only place to go from here is to talk about what might take it's place, which is more or less what we were doing.

Maybe people want to talk about the ride, the good and bad memories. I'm not saying it's a great topic, but it's still a topic. There's also the fact Alton Towers have said that they will retain some of the structure as a monument - what do people think it will be? Incorperated as part of a new area, dumped up at the hotels?

There's a bit of discussion to be had, but generally, the topic is a dead end one.

Would you prefer I locked this topic then Steve, or the Alton Towers future confirmations and rumours topic? We can't have the same conversations and arguments happening in both, as it's difficult enough to keep a lid on the one topic!

Lucy

Hyper Poster
There's also the fact Alton Towers have said that they will retain some of the structure as a monument - what do people think it will be? Incorperated as part of a new area, dumped up at the hotels?

Maybe they'll use some of the track to create an entrance arch like the one that greets you at Thorpe! :D

I think I'll miss Corky, even though it's old and rough but lets hope AT replace it with something great in the future. I'm glad I've got one photopass to use next week!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ultimate Coaster said:
I would've thought that where the ride ends up fell under "rumors", however...

LOL! Pedantic bastard! :lol:

A

Anonymous

Personally, I think that the Corkscrew does need to go. While being a ride that some people have nostalgic feelings for, I don't think it's anything more than that. I think that it's past its due date, and that it needs to be replaced for something new that can bring new people to the park, rather than a really old rollercoaster.

trav

Mega Poster
ggled said:
Personally, I think that the Corkscrew does need to go. While being a ride that some people have nostalgic feelings for, I don't think it's anything more than that.

But what else could fit in it's shoes that's at Alton at the moment? It's a step coaster. Many peoples first inverting coaster, and it would/will continue to be that. There is nothing else in the park that offers that stone to cross from kiddy coasters to the bigger coasters

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
I would really like them to put half the corkscrew going over the Congo River Rapids. It would be really good to float under them!

walker1104

Mega Poster
Lucy said:
Maybe they'll use some of the track to create an entrance arch like the one that greets you at Thorpe! :D

I'd love to see that, it would look really good.

I hope they use the corkscrews for something and don't just scrap them.

300th post yay

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Ugh I'm gonna miss Corkscrew... I have to go to Flamingoland to ride one now! Is it true that it's even rougher? I mean, it DOES have the original Arrow trains, at least Alton's got new Morgan (or Vekoma? Not too sure) trains in the 90's.

:p