What's new

Colossus Or Dragon Khan?

Which is better in your opinion. Please vote only if you have ridden both.

• Dragon Khan

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Colossus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Matt

Roller Poster
Ermm...the boring repetitive record stealer or one of the best multi loopers ever built?

Dragon Khan, obviously.

Ben

CF Legend
Quick correction there Matt, THE best looper ever built.

Colossus sucks, it's one of the worst rides ever built.

Dragon Khan is awesome, it's one of the best rides ever built. Khan is what Colossus should have been.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Its highly unethical, but i'm going to vote for Dragon Khan without having ridden it, it just can possibly not be a better coaster than Colossus. Its unique for a start.

joe

Mega Poster
Colossus is rough, I hear Dragon Khan is smooth.

Colossus used to have an exciting layout, but now it just bores me. And you cant keep your head on one position. If your unlucky enough to sit at the back you can get a headache. IMO a cheap record breaker.

Dragon Khan looks awesome. It has the giant B&M inversions, plus it really suits its surroundings. Judging from the POV, DK looks alot better. I havent been on this, but I would really like to.

Basicly this is a B&M vs Intamin. B&M wins hands down.

Ben

CF Legend
C'mon, who voted for Colossus? Own up.

Joe said:
I hear Dragon Khan is smooth.

I wouldn't call it smooth. It's not Colossus rough though.

Back when it opened, Colossus gave Dragon Khan a run for it's money, but it's so rough now, boring and slow. Khan has bucket loads of re-rideability.

A

Anonymous

Back when it opened, Colossus gave Dragon Khan a run for it's money, but it's so rough now, boring and slow. Khan has bucket loads of re-rideability.

I disagree here.

I rode Colossus before i rode Khan and i thought khan was 10 times better than Colossus straight away. firstly colossus never appealed to me when i first rode it, but i rode it twice just to make sure it wasnt my position. I couldnt re-ride it like I did with Khan. I got on Dragon Khan front row and thought yes, this is gonna be great. just looking at the ride i could tell that it was going to be better than Colossus. Colossus' layout is boring and dull. I mean 5 barrels???? Why? Dragon Khan has no repetetiveness and i rode it 6 times in a row

Khan is smoother, faster, higher and has a much better layout. Oh yea its B&M to!

Mat

Hyper Poster
I am confused here. Does Collosus have the record for the most loops or the first roller coaster with 10 loops in it?

A

Anonymous

Colossus is the current record holder for most inversions (Times the train inverts(Goes upside down) (Not loops, it only has one of those))

It was also the first coaster to invert ten times. (And also the only one, if I recall correctly)

Khan is the coaster I want to ride most in the entire world. Its the coaster than got me into coasters, and I would trade a lot to get a few rides.

Will

Strata Poster
robbeal said:
Its highly unethical, but i'm going to vote for Dragon Khan without having ridden it, it just can possibly not be a better coaster than Colossus. Its unique for a start.

I'm seriously considering doing the same - Dragon Khan is a stunning B&M with an awesome visual prescence - Colossus is boring & slow! How, therefore could Colossus even dream of comparing!

A

Anonymous

Dragon Khan.
It is easily the best coaster I have ever been on, imo.
Specially 'cuz at PA there is never a queue.
..Even in summer.

Got front seat 4 times in a row, then back 4 times in a row.. all in 10 mins.
Something which you could never do on Colossus.

Ben, what are you smoking?
Are you calling DK even in the slightest bit rough?

Jake

Strata Poster
Colossus is the type of ride that would be cloned, and the 8 inversion model was cloned, but nobody would be dumb enough to order a clone of colossus!

DK for me.

Ben

CF Legend
Ben, what are you smoking?
Are you calling DK even in the slightest bit rough?

I didn't call it rough, it's just not smooth. There's a bit of head banging, mainly at the bottom of the First Drop, and during the Cobra Roll.

Specially 'cuz at PA there is never a queue.
..Even in summer.

What are YOU smoking? I was at PA for a week in May, and every day Khan's queue never really dropped beneath 30 mins. And that's only May.

A

Anonymous

Ben said:
What are YOU smoking?

Oh, I forgot to mention that was between 7pm and midnight.
<3 PA's Night Tickets.

I didn't notice any roughness at all on Dragon Khan, but I have seen other people say there is some at the bottom of the hill.

But what can you expect, it does have a 160' drop.

Edit: Seriously, which idiots are voting for Colossus?
Edit2: Oh, and the Dragon Khan train I went in (5 times in a row) had less than 6 people in it each time, so it was probably smoother than normal.

spicy

Giga Poster
Dragon Khan obviously, Colossus is a good coaster IMO but its obviously not going to compare with DK. Thats just awesome :D

oriolat2

Giga Poster
OK. Let's see... I've been on bothc coasters (specially Dragon khan, which I ride like every 2 weeks :lol: ).

I wasn't really appealed by Colossus when I went to Thorpe Park and my opinion didn't change when I rode it. It's just PAINFUL and gets boring at every 'new' element. And I say 'new' because it gets repetitive... wtf is a row of 4 inlines? :shock:
The only great part was the 'mini-airtime' if you are lucky... the restraints suck!

On the contrary Dragon Khan may not be the perfect smoothness but c'mon.. after ten years operation and with milion of people having ridden it, what are you expecting? It is fairly smooth and the only head banging I've noticed is in the bottom of the first drop and coming out of the loop after the MCBR.
Besides Dragon Khan was designed to keep the speed and excitement through the whole way to the station, and it really does his job great!
The trains are quite comfy and the restraints are new (they changed it for X-mas).

Obviously, I'm going to vote for Dragon Khan.

PD: I would compare the fame of Dragon Khan here in Spain with Nemesis in the UK. It has really become a myth here. If you ask ANYONE what is DK they'll answer with no doubt that is the most well-known coaster in the country.

A

Anonymous

^ I still don't see how DK was rough! :p
But as I said before, there were only 5 people on the train each time I went, so that could factor in, I guess.

And seriously, WHO is voting Colossus?!

AeRo

Hyper Poster
I don't think I would ever vote for Colossus in any positive sense. As I have said previously, whoever signed the cheque for it needs to be forced to ride it 10 times in a row before being shot.....it is the most shocking coaster I have ever been on....simple as.

*well apart fron Tornado at M&Ds, but lets not think about that now....yoo many agony inducing memories*