What's new

Coasters with moments of utter insanity

ThomVD

Giga Poster
The last airtime hill on Helix at night. Seeing Gothenburg all lit up while diving off a hill slope getting amazing airtime was one of the best and craziest things I've experienced on a coaster so far.

Sythe

Mega Poster
Joker's Jinx... They give no warning to when it's going to launch...
Maverick when it launches
Great Bear, The helix at the beginning is much more intense then I expected

Montubelle89

Roller Poster
I have to say manta's pretzel loop in the very BACK row! I thought my chest was going to cave in... But it was awesome! Being hung over the precipice of SheiKra in the very front row, and the vertical lift hill on Rip Ride Rockit.. I swear I'm going to fall backwards every time.

BBH

Giga Poster
Raging Bull's first drop in the back row is bonkers.

American Eagle in the back row is also crazy from the first drop up into the helix. Coming out of the helix is a pretty insane pop of airtime too.

Posted while reading your mind.

wakey1512

Roller Poster
Furius baco full stop is complete insanity

The launch is fantastic insanity

The rest of the ride is just painful insanity and pure WTF!

I love the trains but the style just makes it hellishly rough. The front inside seats are a fantastic ride and would rate 10/10 but you are exposing yourself to the infamous intamin launch cables....

therick311

Mega Poster
The final bunny hops on Lightning Run, in the back row are pretty nuts. Not painful like Magnum, but still nuts.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
CheeseBoy8 said:
Freefall drop on Verbolten anyone?
I wouldn't say freefall drops are insanity per say. You never get off thinking "WTF was that? INSANE!", however the concept certainly could be classified as insane, who thought 10 years ago there would be freefall track drops on coasters?
Now everyone (at least in the UK) has experienced 13 and find it underwhelming.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Goliath's(SFGAm) inverted zero G Stall is AMAZING! Inverted weightlessness for a long time is bonkers. Pure insanity

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Maverix

Mega Poster
CheeseBoy8 said:
Freefall drop on Verbolten anyone?
I'll agree with DelPiero and say that the concept is more insane than the actual experience. Even still, you don't quite expect that feeling the first time riding (I didn't at least) and for what it was, it was fantastic.

Some personal favorite 'moments of insanity' would be:

In no particular order

Mavericks drop back row.
Manta's pretzel back row.
Full Throttles loop middle row (stupid awesome hang time)
X2, all of it.
Intimidator 305's first turn and snappy transitions.
Banshee's barrel roll.
Storm Runner's flying snake dive.
Gatekeepers drop back right.

BBH

Giga Poster
Pretty much all of Goliath, but especially the first drop, the speed hill which has airtime for days, and that WTF zero-G stall thing of fabness. <<<3

Snoo

The Legend
Seeing Mavericks former barrel roll in action. Man.. I still cry because we couldn't ride that.

1928937_502826181941_7554_n.jpg

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guTTVVco1NA

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I'll second that one.
Extra pain since after booking it months in advance, when I was at CP it was during the 2 week period (or whatever it was) Maverick was down to replace the roll :x

The first half of I305 is the most insane feeling I can imagine on a roller coaster.

Riding Skyrush for the first time is another.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Nemesis' helix, wingovers, and ooh that zero g roll!
Smiler's second airtime hill was a big surprise as well.

As for the freefall drops, I found Verbolten's a lot more fun than Thirteen's. I think it can be insane if it's something you never expected.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I305's 'twisties'

El Toro's and EGF's first drop in the back

Karacho's 3rd inversion into the tunnel

Wild Mouse at BPP in general

Maverix

Mega Poster
The last 3 bunny hops on Lightning Run are nuts. Really the whole ride is but those last bunny hops are the icing on the ejector airtime cake.