What's new

Coasters that gave you the biggest sense of "danger"

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
For me, it’s definitely the Rail Runner mountain coaster at Anakeesta. There’s one specific turn on the ride that, when taken at full speed, seriously tests the integrity of the single lap belt restraint. I am not one to say that I feel like I’m falling out of a ride, but I absolutely in that moment thought I was going to end up tumbling down that hill.

Here’s a POV timestamped to the moment in question:

Disco Lumberjack

Roller Poster
Probably Hyperion, I was early enough in my enthusiast journey that I hadn't experienced so much airtime on a ride that tall and that intense. I think now it wouldn't have that effect, but it was quite something the first few times. 😁

Sometimes I think those BS TikTok's where people say their restraint opened mid-ride for attention are actually just people experiencing airtime for the first time.

Ollie

CF Legend
Sometimes I think those BS TikTok's where people say their restraint opened mid-ride for attention are actually just people experiencing airtime for the first time.
That actually makes a lot of sense. That mixed with them not understanding how ratchet restraints work causing them to panic if their restraint lifts slightly. The memory always ends up being exaggerated in their mind as well. The restraint lifting 1 inch suddenly becomes fully unlocked with them clinging on trying not to fall out. Although you do just get people who straight up lie for attention. 😂

InvertsAreMyJam

Mega Poster
That actually makes a lot of sense. That mixed with them not understanding how ratchet restraints work causing them to panic if their restraint lifts slightly. The memory always ends up being exaggerated in their mind as well. The restraint lifting 1 inch suddenly becomes fully unlocked with them clinging on trying not to fall out. Although you do just get people who straight up lie for attention. 😂
Remember that one TikToker who tried to claim that her restraint opened up on El Toro? That was hilarious

Flash Shift

Mega Poster
When that wooden one at Blackpool used to have zero restraints, or the wild mouse.

Also Ukko, or I suspect skyloops in general, wow that is freaky being up there upside down like that.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Rode Hurricane at fun spot yesterday and I honestly thought we were derailing, then the restraints opened as we were reaching the unload area.

How that thing is allowed to operate I do not know, another one for the list of never ride again.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Still Dive Machines, when you can no longer see the track. I don't want to lose that feeling either.

Bathtub Gin

Roller Poster
Some of the Intamin Hydraulic Launcher incidents have been pretty gnarly, and it's lucky they weren't worse. So, while I love riding them, unhappy possibilities will always be in the back of my mind.

Haven't decided if I'll bother with Murica Looper at Indiana Beach. Schwarzkopf coasters are fun, but I don't think they are anything extraordinary. Multiple similar incidents across multiple examples is a pattern. This is a coaster with a long history, was reportedly run into the ground without much care or maintenance at it's last location before it killed, and then underwent restoration at the hands of a group who (among other concerns) I don't believe have taken on a project of this size before. Doesn't sound like it rides too pleasantly, either.

I'm excited for TT2 to reopen, and can't wait to ride. I don't know why it went down days after it opened, but it's clearly a significant issue. I read the speculation just like everyone else does. At those heights and speeds, I really hope they have their **** straight with the trains/wheel assemblies. So far, not a confidence inspiring situation.

Last edited:

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
The wing coaster at Heide Park.

There's a bit where you drop down into a short tunnel and there's some theming that's meant to be some spikes or something.

Our first ride was on the front row and just as we crested the hill before that drop I could just about make out something spikey at the bottom of the drop, and for a split second I was absolutely convinced it was a stalled train and we were about to ram into the back of it. Was absolutely terrifying and still makes me feel a bit weird thinking about it.

Good ride though when you don't think you're about to die