What's new

Coaster pictures that make you just a little bit jealous.

CPcisco

Mega Poster
Becca (Cedar Point's PR rep) just posted a few pictures of the first Gatekeeper track to arrive HERE, and this picture quite honestly made me jealous:

621253_10100752172457216_250883689_o.jpg

This picture of the Ohio State Theme Park Engineering group on their construction tour of Diamondback also has the same effect.
05group.jpg

Are there any coaster pictures out there that have that "I'm really jealous of you!" effect on you guys?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Coaster pictures that make you just a little bit jealous

Minor_Furie on some Intamin track:
ritaridephoto.jpg

We got there first tks :p

Oh, but I wasn't jealous ;)

kimahri

CF Legend

Theres a picture of me signing the Flying Turns at Knoebels.

*lasso's E-peen*

Jake

Strata Poster

Why would people sitting on a bit of track in a car park/factory make you jealous? It's not like they're getting the cred or anything <///3.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^This.

Even if the ride was open and fully operational, I still wouldn't be jealous. Sitting on a bit of track?

Some people just take this hobby way to bloody far.

CPcisco

Mega Poster

It's not the "sitting on the track" portion that makes me jealous. It is being able to get that close to magnificent pieces of engineering that makes me slightly jealous.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Completely agree with Jake and Gavin. What exactly is there to be jealous of?

bmac

Giga Poster

gavin said:
^This.

Even if the ride was open and fully operational, I still wouldn't be jealous. Sitting on a bit of track?

Some people just take this hobby way to bloody far.

QFT.

Although I do like getting close and personal with the coaster and stuff, it's not photo worthy.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

There's something special about going to places usual out of bounds, for example, in Vampire at CWoA's tunnel or up The Big One's lift hill and I enjoy doing these things, but I'd never be jealous of somebody who has done something coastery that I haven't.

austen35

Roller Poster

It's not the "sitting on the track" section that creates me envious. It is being able to get that near to spectacular items of technological innovation that creates me a bit envious.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^But surely those "spectacular items of technological innovation" would be better if they were actually finished and open, and you could get the ride them?

Mike

Giga Poster

I do get a bit jealous when I see pictures of friends riding coasters in "exotic" locations where it would be very hard for me to get to in the foreseeable future (China, Japan, South Korea...etc), especially when the coaster/location looks great.

I don't really get jealous of people getting to do 'behind the scenes' things or sitting on coaster track sitting in car parks, as I'd much rather that coaster actually be built!

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

While they don't make me jealous, those pictures of people next to the track helps put into perspective how big track actually is! That Rita track is huge!

Martyn B

CF Legend

Quick guys, head over to the Outlaw Run thread, you'll be mega jealous!

Montario

Roller Poster

Thekingin64 said:
While they don't make me jealous, those pictures of people next to the track helps put into perspective how big track actually is! That Rita track is huge!

I agree...but hey, what do you expect from a track which has to withstand an approx 10 tonne, 2.5 foot wide train :p