What's new

Coaster Names

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I was thinking about this yesterday and I was wondering what other people thought.

What are names for coasters that you think would be cool and realistic but aren't used?

For me it would be Icarus. Based off the Greek story, Flying at great speeds and heights but flying too close to the sun will make you fall. Just seems to me like a great story to base a coaster on.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Icarus has been used:

Vol d'Icare = Flight of Icarus

Ok, so it's French, but it translates as Icarus and uses the myth as theming.

davidx233

Roller Poster
I always thought adrenaline would be cool- and also skeleton coaster. Nowadays you probably can't even use the word hell without the gov't being all over you.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
^you might be able to get away with Hell in the US. Just think. "Journey through Hell" a world class steel coaster coming to Holiday world in 2013.

:p

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^No park in the US would name a coaster "Hell". Ok, so you've got "Hell Cat", but it's NOT the same use of the word and doesn't have the same connotations.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I always liked the Steel Stampede name that was proposed for Storm Runner.

Treeis

Mega Poster
When I am naming nolimits coasters...for some reason "Storm" and "Thunder" make an appearance alot.

For example, "Thunderock" or "Storm angel"

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^
Original Post said:
What are names for coasters that you think would be cool and realistic but aren't used?

In what way are "thunder" and "storm" not used in coaster names?

Kebab

Giga Poster
I'm surprised Alton Towers hasn't used Secret Weapon '#whatever#' for a rollercoaster yet, I'd think it'd make a great name on it's own, maybe in 2013...