What's new

Coaster hair?

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Do you get coaster hair?

After a full day riding coasters, my hair goes into a strange, wild state that I don’t get at any other time except after a full day at the beach.

But I notice most people don’t get this. Do you get coaster hair??

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm not saying my hair is always a mess, but my hair is never tidy enough for me to notice if a day at a park has had a dramatic difference to the state of it...

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Oh yeah I get it, usually because I don't get my haircut as often as I should, Oblivion is one that I always come off looking like a mad scientist.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk
It’s hard for me to describe what my hair can get like, but “mad scientist” is certainly a step in the right direction. I’m sure it’s because I grew up in Southern California that this is one of my terms for it, but I’d also call it “surfer hair.”

Will

Strata Poster
When I had long hair, it would sometimes be knotted to hell and back after a day on park.

These days, I'm a #3-4 on the clippers, so no issues. Except sunburn.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I remember that one. They hand out balaclavas for people to borrow if needed, but I guess that's just for hijab users.
Yh, the balaclavas are certainly intended for hijab/niqab users but honestly next time I ride I may consider one, my hair was like a birds nest!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yh, the balaclavas are certainly intended for hijab/niqab users but honestly next time I ride I may consider one, my hair was like a birds nest!
So was mine, which is nuts considering my previous post. :p

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ve never really had coaster hair issues, but that might be because I have relatively short hair (number 3 on the clippers round the back and sides, and trimmed on top so it’s blended in).

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Absooolutely. I know the 3 main offenders when it comes to coaster hair are Maverick, Millennium force, and Top Thrill Dragster, though I will say the pictures I can get on Magnum are awesome! I'll send some if I can find some with my longer hair.

James F

Hyper Poster
Today's Coaster hair
d494839b4fe31323aa5ac45c055829fa.jpg

Would be far worse if I hadn't just got my hair cut.
Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

carrie640

Roller Poster
HAHAHA! I love this thread! As a complete hair fanatic (I'm a girl...what can I say?), I can tell you that it's a complete disaster for me. I was able to make it out of one coaster this year at Busch Gardens with it still being ok. After that, between the heat and the rides, the hair got pulled up REALLY quick-like. It took a while to recover, really. It was either because of the rides or the fact that Florida humidity shocked the hell out of it (did I mention it's naturally curly??? Lucky me).