What's new

Coaster Crazy (iOS game)

TilenB

Strata Poster
Later this year Frointer Development will release their 1st mobile coaster game. Your opinion?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJjdR1r9vio&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

gopats1479

Mega Poster
I love everything about it...except the graphics. The supports and physics are top-notch, but the cheesy graphics are a little lacking to say the least. The PC version should have better graphics in theory, so I will definitely pick it up.

An Android port would be nice too for those who don't like Apple.

peep

CF Legend
Re: Beta testers wanted for new Frontier roller coaster game

Only just seen this. That's intriguing but considering it's also for Apple products it'll be awful. Everything that is related to sim games for mobile devices is awful.

Intricks

Strata Poster

I wouldnt write it off so quickly. It looks good

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster

And with the iPhone 5 being more powerful than a Nintendo DS, I wouldn't write this off..

peep

CF Legend

^That's not saying much to be honest, the graphics on a DS are awful.

I'm more on about the actual controlling of the game on touch screen devices, for that sort of game I prefer a keyboard and mouse, not hand gestures, game controllers etc. In my opinion that sort of game just doesn't work within that type of gameplay.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

It's just going to be another simple "place 'thing', wait until you have enough generated cash/energy, place other 'thing' - you can always buy more 'things' with real cash to speed up the process" game.

Why does anyone think it'll be anything different? They're the games that dominate the mobile market (or very simple pick up, flick the screen on a game that will not last for more than five minutes games) so why would they produce a proper RCT game on a platform that would be dreadful for designing things on.

I can't understand why there's a 3DS version, but at least on the 3DS you have a lot of screen real-estate and a button interface as well as touch screen.

Ah, here's the trailer, I thought I'd seen it recently:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcWynZjzkHs[/youtube]

Well called Peep! ;)

peep

CF Legend
Wow, that looks awful. Bullfrog* called, they said they wanted their game back :p

*I think it was Bullfrog that made that game for the PS1/PC?

Mark

Strata Poster
W.T.A.F!

Talk about taking it back 20 years. You are spot on peep, its totally the original Bullfrog Theme Park. Bloody awful thing that game was and then they insulted us further with Theme Park World...

So, erm, Mr Frontier guy, can you drop wasting time on this crap and go develop RCT4 and also make sure it sees the return of the original 'simcity' style of the game. Ta.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Did you watch the same trailer as the rest of us? It looks simplistic turd!

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Game is pretty slick but it's not precise enough to make anything fantastic. If they make a big pc game in this stle it will be fantastic. Only a couple of levels in but having fun.

Intricks

Strata Poster
According to them the iPad/Android version will be what sets up the final PC build of the game. They plan on releasing variants of this involvong flat rides and other main areas the coaster games have been involved in.