Do you have one/keep track?

• OMG CREDITS!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Do you bother keeping track of how many coasters you've ridden?

Some people don't care; it's just a waste of time and adds more nerdyness to an already nerdy subject. You like to ride coasters and maybe discuss them on forums...keeping track of how many you've ridden and going to small parks just to ride kiddie credits is just pointless.

Other people are obsessed with credits, or are creditcrazy :)P). I mean why not keep track? It isn't difficult and it just adds more fun to the hobby.

Obviously, I keep track...but while I have "stolden a kid" and ride kiddie credits, I won't go out of my way to a small park for a kiddie credit (now if it's local to me that's a different story).

RCF

Strata Poster
I do keep track of my coasters, but I don't usually subject myself to ride the kiddie rides for the sake of the credit. Unless I'm pressured into it....... :wink:

CMonster

Giga Poster
I keep a coaster count, but I don't search for Big Apples and stuff. Although, I am very excited for this new kiddie coaster at BGA for some reason. # 50, I think! :lol:

EDIT: Never mind, it'll be 40. :p

I do keep track and I do try to nab the kiddie credits that I can, just not really the ones where I have to steal kids for the credit :p .

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I do keep track of all my credits in a handy Excel spreadsheet.

I wouldn't consider myself a credit whore though. If I'm at a park I'll try and get all the credits, but I'm not one of these people that goes to visit a little ****-hole just so I can get on a Wacky Worm coaster.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^What Hixee said...

Though I have a Word document as a list nowadays...

I only time I care about which coaster is for the 100 mark ones, (X and Beast for me) since they don't come around everyday...

Ollie

CF Legend
I keep track as I find it interesting to know how many I've ridden. I do ride the apple coasters at parks and such as I try to get on all the coasters but I don't go to parks just for credits.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I do. I had to do a fair amount of research to find the rides I'd been on 30+ years ago I'd forgotten about (I knew I went to parks, and went on a coaster which was "wooden with water", or "had a loop". I then had to use RCDB to hunt back and put ride names to memories.

So that's where it started. Now I do because otherwise I can't remember which rides I've been on :lol:

I think of it like collecting stamps or coins. However, like those collections I count 1 coaster type as a single count. A Penny Black stmap is a Penny Black Stamp. You may have five of them in your collection, but you only need one to say "I have a Penny Black". All the others are just showing off ;)

My spreadsheet is quite complex - but only because I make it so :D

Oh, and I also have a coater count, which is how many coasters my coat has been on. It's over a hundred! :)

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I keep a record on the coastercounter website and on this sites coaster counter, just so I know. I copyed it into a text document and thats about it. I also keep track of how many times I've been on rides, like Inferno's is about 429 times I think? And that I did 717 rides in total last year.

I'm not really bothered by numbers though. I won't go to the extreme of kiddie coasters for the sake of a few numbers. I'd rather just be out there enjoying the good coasters rather than getting all fust over "credits" or numbers.

I actually hate the term "credits" instead of just calling them coasters. Its sort of disrespectful in a way to the thing your ment to love doing, just treating them as a statistic. Its fine keeping track, but going out purely for the "credit" is pointless.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Not really. I like to know what coasters are at certain parks, but I never really make a count of them. I have a coaster count on CF, but I only wrote that when I first joined.

I have no idea how many coasters I've ridden, it's probably around the 40 mark, but I can't be bothered to actually sort it out.

If I was going on a big trip, I may start to count them, but otherwise, I see no point for myself to do it.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Ollie said:
I keep track as I find it interesting to know how many I've ridden. I do ride the apple coasters at parks and such as I try to get on all the coasters but I don't go to parks just for credits.

This. Although I do like to know which ones are considered coasters so I can keep my count accurate.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Creds <3

I still really enjoy riding coasters and never really refer to them as 'creds', just do it for a laugh really but I do get a bit obsessive because I see it as a sort of collection. I will ride anything I'm allowed to ride and try to go out of my way to ride stuff.

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm just glad noone apart from Leighton saw me begging the op at Flammy for 20 minutes to get on the GoGator. :p

Got the credit in the end and even Tom doesn't have it. :D

Brookes

Giga Poster
If I go to a park I will try and ride as many coasters as possible, but I wouldn't "steal a kid" to ride a tiny coaster that I am too tall for just to add another number to the count. I do keep track of how many I have ridden on coaster-count and in a word document, and also how many times I have ridden each one. As someone else said I don't like calling them credits, and wouldn't go however far to ride a big apple. So yeah I do keep track of how many I've ridden but I'm not bothered how many I've ridden, it's just cool to do as I ride more coasters.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
I'm certainly no credit whore.

I ride coasters for the fun of it,not just to notch up another credit.

I like to keep a record of the main coasters I've ridden,but I'm sure there are ones that I've not included.

For example,I did the ones at Hyde Park in December,but havn't bothered adding them to my count,I really can't be bothered.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
UC said:
Of course, enthusiasts make up a small part of ridership, but still - I think deeming coasters only as credits really defeats the point of the hobby. I ride for fun, not for a number that I wouldn't tell any non-enthusiast about anyway.

I agree with most of your post, except this part. I count credits not because of bragging to other enthusiasts, I do it because I'm interested myself, and also because whereas if you posted your count on the forum, other people would just call you an idiot, instead, IRL, it gives you bragging rights.

Say I was in an argument with some GP, possibly about how colossus didn't actually have 10 'loops', rather 'inversions' I think it would give my arguments much more weight if I told them I had been on 55 (?) coasters. (Whether this is actually valid for arguments, my critical thinking class would say no :p)

I could've, if I'd thought of it, brought it up at my uni interview.

Gazza

Giga Poster
I'm sort of with Furie in being interested in riding 'unique' layouts of coasters, though yesterday at Disneyland I had yet another chance to ride the short version of the Vekoma junior, but didn't because its a waste of time in a park with far superior stuff on offer.

I 100% agree with what has been said about the term 'credits', It's something I've been saying for a long time, and I really don't like the term actually. Reducing the hobby to visiting wacky worms at kiddy parks seems like a waste of money, I personally would be rather spending my time riding the stuff that makes coasters worth being interested in.

As for riding Boomerangs and SLCs at different parks, haha I guess there is this romantic notion of finding a good version of both of these rides, so you'll willingly go through pain to find one.

So yeah, I'm not really interested in a count, I know that I 'made a century' with Terminator, but overall I really don't care since my aim is to get to the parks I dream to visit, rather than add to an excell spreadsheet.

Martyn B

CF Legend
If I get the time at parks, I'll do the kiddie coasters, just for a laugh, even if I've already been on them. Sometimes its a nice break from the fast, intense coasters. :p

One thing that really bugs me though, is when people couldn't care less about the future of a coaster, because they have the 'credit'. The Rollercoaster BPB topic is a good example of this, the coaster is 77 years old, and its future is in doubt, but all a few people could say was "oh well, I got the credit...". That isn't what being a coaster fan is about.

Kebab

Giga Poster
I keep track of what I've been on, I don't make a big deal of it really. It's just in case I lose track of what coasters I've actually been on, I can check on my count :)