What's new

Coaster at Portaventura kills employee

Rush

Giga Poster
Thanks everyone for proving me wrong about my comment. Perhaps if I remember to put a ':p' next time, then perhaps nobody would have given a crap.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^No. We still would've. We're like that.

:p

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Thats really odd as you're supposed to get permits off of the Head Engineer to do work on the tracks or around the ride, that way they know not to touch the control panel... hmmm, bad operations and lack of communication I think.

Ben

CF Legend
^Erol, you realise Tomahawk and Port Aventura are in Spain and thus have totally different health and safety and rules to... Vampire.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
^Mmm Ben, well yeah, but when it comes to common sense, any country should apply the same rules.

What Erol said also applies, speaking from my experience, to Tibidabo. When someone is doing inspections or trackwalking a track (Tibidabo Express or Muntanya Russa) we ALWAYS have to check the operational status of the ride. If someone is doing ANYTHING there's a red disk that has to be put next to the panel warning anyone approaching the panel that the ride is not ready for whatever reasons. When the tracks are clear, the engineer must turn the disk to the green side. It is that easy.

Yet, I think this engineer might not have followed safety instructions. Maybe he didn't tell anyone that he had gone back to the track to do a quick check and someone sent the train.

Either way, I am sorry for his relatives.