Comfort or Fashion

• Comfort

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • Fashion

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

Smithy

Strata Poster
Aye I know, I thought you were saying theme park hoodies are fashionable/popular rather than hoodies in general.

Considerind the fact that almost every enthusiast alive has or has had a coaster hoodie, that would deem them popular.

Really? Wouldn't have said that's the case tbh.

I think there's a blur here between people who see fashion as something thats popular and sold in mainstream shops, and fashion as Mark describes it where it's more about each individual's style and substance.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'm a pedant, I use the dictionary definitions :p

THE OED said:
Style: a distinctive appearance, typically determined by the principles according to which something is designed

Karen has style. You can have style and be fashionable, or not. Fashion really is all to do with popularity.

I think we need AJ to clear up if he means mainstream fashion or inclusive of sub-fashions :)

Mark

Strata Poster
Smithy said:
Aye I know, I thought you were saying theme park hoodies are fashionable/popular rather than hoodies in general.

Considerind the fact that almost every enthusiast alive has or has had a coaster hoodie, that would deem them popular.

Really? Wouldn't have said that's the case tbh.

I think there's a blur here between people who see fashion as something thats popular and sold in mainstream shops, and fashion as Mark describes it where it's more about each individual's style and substance.

Indeed. Ultimately, any item of clothing that is sold in any shop is a part of 'fashion' and is popular otherwise they wouldn't sell them. Essentially, Theme park hoodies are indeed popular, otherwise they simply wouldn't sell them. Theme Park merchandisers are incredibly shrewd when it comes to picking items that will sell and certainly wouldn't stock up on something that only has the range to sell to a couple of thousand enthusiasts. (My new job is actually analysing the data on this sort of thing to decide on how much stock is needed etc but with toys and fashion).

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Comfort, any day. Or, well, I guess functionality would trumph that if it was a criteria, but it sort of goes under comfort, so...

Either way, fashion has never been a concern of mine. As long as the clothes serve their purpose (keeping me warm/dry/covered up), they don't have to look any special. Of course, I have an upper limit of hideousness, but apart from that, I pick my daily clothes by the "top-of-the-drawer" method.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The older I get, the less of a **** I give. I'm just a "jeans and t-shirt" sort of person, so as long as they fit properly it's hard to go disastrously wrong.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I have genuine mini-panic attacks and fits of rage if I can't find an item of clothing I wanted to wear. Yesterday I took it out on Henry the Hoover.

Janey54

Roller Poster
Despite being a teenage girl, it has to be comfort all the way. Seeing other girls in my year group wearing heels for my school's sponsored walk today was a laugh, compared to me in my walking boots. I tend to just have a casual style. I like to say this: ''I don't follow fashion, but sometimes I'll bump into it in the street''. In other words, if I like a piece of clothing that happens to be in fashion, I wear it because I like it, not because it's in fashion. Thus, I wear items which are out of fashion, too.