What's new

Clacton Pier, Sunday 23rd August

Jake

Strata Poster
After FINALLY getting the kiddie credit here, I thought I'd never have to return to Clacton.

A week later, Jordan text me saying they had a chance Toboggan, and after phoning the park I found out it was only there for the summer. It is believed to be the same one that was at Great Yarmouth, which I never rode, so it was a credit for me!

So yeah... crappy phone photos, but it's Clacton so who cares. You can't polish a turd.

The slide (and Go-Gator, which adults can't ride... spite):

clacton1-1.jpg

The kiddie cred, which I already had, and Charlotte isn't into credits so she didn't want to ride... thank god!

clacton4.jpg

What we were really there for, the Toboggan!

clacton2-1.jpg

We actually had to queue for it?!?!

clacton3-1.jpg

This thing was HORRIBLE. It's the second Toboggan i've done, the other being at Lakemont park in the states. This one hurt more, and due to me growing a bit in the last year I was literally too tall, my head pushing against the roof constantly. We renamed it 'claustraphobia: the ride' due to the burning sun making it feel like sitting in a tiny greenhouse.

We then went to the beach, which seemed to be trying to break the record of most people crammed into the worlds smallest beach. It was hell on earth.

clacton5.jpg

I then looked over at the rusty, tetanus infected steps up to the cafe that is BOUND to induce food poisioning even upon entry, and saw some chav families who had 'made camp' under the pier which stank of piss (like Brighton's, but nobody is stupid enough to go under there unless they need a wee at night). Yes, those are children you see playing under there.

clacton6.jpg

Good riddence Clacton, hopefully I'll never have to set foot on your 'turf' ever again!

Pierre

Strata Poster
Lol I miss the seaside :( I'd have forced your friend to ride it, abusing her if she never did it.

Lol british people and beaches just aren't a good mix, theres so many shameless people!!

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Every time I've been to Clacton it's not been hot enough for people on the beach. I feel blessed. :lol: