Cheetah Hunt or California Screamin'?

• Cheetah Hunt

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • California Screamin'

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
Both coasters are super long Intamins with multiple launches, airtime, and one inversion. Both are considered "family launchers." While I haven't been on either (though I think I'll probably get to ride Cheetah Hunt first in the next few years). For those of you that have been on both, which is better?

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
California Screamin' for sure! Cheetah Hunt is OK... but Screamin' is on par for being one of the best coasters in the state of CA (if not one of the best in the US)

sarahwoolley

Roller Poster
Never ridden California Screamin' but Cheetah Hunt is the best coaster I've ever ridden. Love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Cheetah Hunt for me, though CS was very good.

Cheetah Hunt just felt a bit more substantial, probably because it 's a bit more spread out and you can't see the whole thing from one vantage point as you can with California Screamin'. I'd forgotten that it even had an inversion, and the launches were stronger than I was expecting, though not what you could call "strong" exactly.

CS has the on-board audio I guess, but it's not quite enough to push it above CH for me.

I was pleasantly surprised with California Screamin, and I find both to be aesthetically pleasing coasters, but I think, as someone else put it, Cheetah Hunt is a bit more substantial, so I'd have to go with that I think.