What's new

Cheetah Hunt- Intamin for Busch Gardens Tampa

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
Looks like a Dissapointment tbh. Well at least we have Raptor to admire, I mean I was expecting Cheetah Hunt to be graceful around the track but it just looks like it barely makes the elements, oh well :/

_Brandon_

Roller Poster
New Breed Of Speed my ass. This is a real dissapointment. I was expecting Cheetah Hunt to be one of the best steel coasters in the world, but it's not looking that way. I live alot closer to BGW so I am praying to God that their 2012 project is better than this.

michaellll

Mega Poster
_Brandon_ said:
New Breed Of Speed my ass. This is a real dissapointment. I was expecting Cheetah Hunt to be one of the best steel coasters in the world, but it's not looking that way. I live alot closer to BGW so I am praying to God that their 2012 project is better than this.

lol. Good luck with that. Not saying this one is top tier or anything, but I'm not sure Zierer's second launch coaster will be a great success. We'll see. I'm all for optimism.

CMonster

Giga Poster
It's strange, just two weeks ago this was much faster around the figure eight... maybe they're still tinkering with speeds? I know coasters sometimes have launches, trims, ect. changed the first couple months or years of opening.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Hopefully they're still tinkering.

As it stands now, Cheetah Hunt is what I feared Maverick would be - a cool layout taken at a very slow pace.

nadroJ

CF Legend
This is such a shame. It really is. When I was in the park earlier this year I was blown away by the size of the thing. It is massive! And it just looked like it would be awesome, especially based of Busch's track record with their previous coasters.

We can always pray that it actually rides better than it appears to *fingers crossed*.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well let it run with a full train of riders until you pass final judgment.

There's always hope. :drinking:

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I think everyones being abit harsh here!

To me the speed looks fine. I bet the view at the top of the tower is great and with such shallow banking I wouldn't expect anything faster! It's a great little moment before that big drop (which looks like it'll have good air) AND a frickin' launch. The rest of the layout looks like it has good pops of air and I think the inversion is taken at good speed.

It's no Intimidator 305, but I never thought it would be! Also you have to realise rides feel alot faster when you're actually on them, and this may even look slow due to how draw out the lower parts are, but flying along the ground with the wind in your face, I don't know, I'm just shocked at the negativity this ride is creating.

Meh, I know I'd enjoy it anyway, but then again, I enjoyed Thirteen.

Also, preview renderings of rides have ALWAYS made the rides look fast. They're full of fast editing and interesting angles, added sound effects and motion blur. Take a look at say... Intimidator (Carowinds) video, then watch a video of it's first test run! I thought people would've learnt by now to take them with a small pinch of salt.

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
Just because it looks like a dissapointment does not mean it will be a dissapointment and I certainly hope for all you Americans living near the park that its a great ride............. This is gonna sound bizzare but I think this type of ride would suit Chessington......... anyway back on topic it looks slow but how can 60mph be slow and a 130ft drop not be thrilling, I am undecided on how the ride will turn out.

Pablo237

Roller Poster
CHEETAH HUNT: NEW BREED OF SPEED!!! *please remember to say the title with the most sarcasm you can give*

CMonster

Giga Poster
I don't see the issue with that tagline. I mean, really, this is the first coaster to have cheetah trains, so in a way, it is, in fact, a new breed of a speedy coaster.

Plus you're not supposed to actually take the line literally. :p

FloridaTix

Roller Poster
Has anyone seen the video of the testing they have done on this roller coaster yet?

http://www.youtube [dot] com/watch?v=0DDBwobve7o

Looks like some fast pace steep inclines with some slow corkscrews from what I can tell.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It is nice to see the coaster speed up more with added weight.

Look forward to seeing this coaster run with riders!

Xpress

Strata Poster
I'm sure it's going to be just like that Formula Rossa ride, looks REALLY slow and drawn out, but turned out to be a fun ride.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think it looks great. The first turn is a little slow, but I think the rest of it looks fantastic. Some of the theming elements look great and all the launches!

I'm impressed.

peep

CF Legend
Interesting, didn't know it had so many random launches. I love that corkscrew into the MCBR and the twists through the rockwork was nice, I can imagine that being qute thrilling.

walker1104

Mega Poster
See, I think this looks a lot better than I initially thought. It looks like a really fun ride in my opinion. Lots of nice twisty section with what looks to be a few pops of air time. I'm looking forward to riding it.