What's new

Cheeky intamin...

Treeis

Mega Poster
So I was browsing the Intamin website...as you do...and I noticed a picture of their suspended looping coasters...

http://www.intaminworldwide.com/amuseme ... fault.aspx

(The third picture)

It was clearly made when Bolliger and Mabillard worked for Intamin, (like Shockwave).

I have two questions about this...

1. What is this coaster?

2. Is it right for Intamin to use this photo? I mean, they are never actually going to make coasters like that any more are they?

Error

Strata Poster
1) Euro-Star, largest travelling inverted coaster that settled in Russia in 2008: http://www.rcdb.com/4242.htm

2) Yes it's right for them to, as it is still their ride just like shockwave at DM. No, they're not going to make more since they got their own model and B&M has theirs.

This was already discussed not too long ago.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
We had this topic not too long ago. Literally the same thing. How funny. Clearly, it's quite a common misconception.

But yeah, Error is right.

Worth noting though that that any company will build anything if a client asks for it and pays enough for it.

andrus

Giga Poster
It was a collaboration with Intamin and Giovanola. So the ride really has nothing to do with B&M...

Giovanola used the same track style as B&M (they usued to manufacture B&M track as well). Here's an example of one of (the only one I think :p) Giovanola's own inverted coasters:
a0h4i60012eql1i5tsg848.jpg

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
They made Euro-Star too as said by error...which doesn't travel anymore, but still, there's only two which isn't much! :--D

But basically, the picture is pretty cheeky because Giovanola are now defunct...If intamin made another invert then it would look like volcano:the blast!

andrus

Giga Poster
^Euro-Star was made in collaboration with Intamin. Anaconda is the only inverted coaster Giovanola produced on their own.

Intricks

Strata Poster
^^ Or any of their lame impulse or two inverts in Spain I believe.

Switching between the hideouts'...

choluby

Roller Poster
Joey said:
We had this topic not too long ago. Literally the same thing. How funny. Clearly, it's quite a common misconception.

But yeah, Error is right.

Worth noting though that that any company will build anything if a client asks for it and pays enough for it.

By Me!

Josh73

Giga Poster
Where is Intamin's invert model? I think it's called Tornado or something? And is that a basic layout, or a custom one?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^There's the one in Madrid as well:

http://rcdb.com/1101.htm

I haven't ridden the Madrid one, but the one in Finland is really good. It's not quite up to B&M invert standards, but it's loads better than Vekoma. The layout is really good and it's pretty forceful as well.

tks

Strata Poster
The Madrid one is AWFUL. It literally crawls its ass around the track and pretty much has to run with a full train of people or the thing stalls.

</3

Inverse

Hyper Poster
^I'll second this.

Although it feels like it flows better at the back of the train. It's a pretty uninspired layout too.