What's new

CF Music Swap

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
On the basis that absolutely nobody has entered (🙈) I’ll extend that to Sunday but if nobody has entered by then I’ll let it die its deserved death and pass the reins👌

Last edited:

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
@caffeine_demon on @Nitefly

The Beastie Boys - The Sounds of Science

caffeine_demon said:
Not a huge hip hop fan, but this is ok

Coroner - Serpent Moves

caffeine_demon said:
Sounds very much like it was constructed with building blocks - Play this 3 times, vary it a bit for another 2, then play another clip 3 times etc....

The Chainsmokers - Selfie

caffeine_demon said:
This should be in the "argh my ears" thread - sounds as if it's going to be unbearable right at the start, and just gets worse!

Queens of the Stone Age - Leg of Lamb

caffeine_demon said:
quirky and grungy - quite fun to listen to.

Carly Simon - Nobody Does It Better

caffeine_demon said:
Smooth and seductive - i love it!

Thanks for listening, @caffeine_demon!

In the meantime I've been given a fun theme... still working my way through 🙃

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
@Nitefly on @caffeine_demon: A Selection of 'Dreams'

Fleetwood Mac - Dreams

Nitefly said:
I always thought this track had a very distinct 'dreamy' (hurrrr) sound to it. I never really understood the lyric "...when the rain washes you clean, you'll know" in the context of the rest of the song, which mostly seems to be someone softly scorning their departing partner. I wonder what she meant... "one day you'll know you that you made a bad choice", maybe?

Gabrielle - Dreams

Nitefly said:
Always liked the sound of this one as well, very 'easy going'. The lyrics always miffed me though. I guess I really don't like someone who claims (without any conflict) "dreams can come true... my hopes didn't let me down" also telling me "you know you gotta have hope, you know you gotta be strong".

The Cranberries - Dreams

Nitefly said:
I'm really not familiar with The Cranberries, other than 'Zombie'. I love her voice. I'm sure the music has been substantially copied by another track, but I can't put my finger on what track that is.

The Kinks - Dreams

Nitefly said:
I haven't heard this one either. Very relatable, for all daydreamers out there. It's open as to how it's supposed to be taken... is his daydreaming harmless or not...?

The Allman Brothers - Dreams

Nitefly said:
Some really fun slide guitar here. This one fittingly concludes the set - a tale of acknowledging the need to dust oneself off and keep going.

You can mix-up that order to make a little story:

1. The Kinks - Dreams (a person wastes their days daydreaming - not knowing how to succeed in the real)
2. The Cranberries - Dreams (person begins falling in love)
3. Gabrielle - Dreams (person is confidently in love in a thriving relationship)
4. Fleetwood Mac - Dreams (the relationship ends bitterly)
5. The Allman Brothers - Dreams (person picks themselves back up and looks to the future)

Thanks for the selection, @caffeine_demon!

Last edited: