What's new

CF 3D

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ollie said:
Can you do images to work with green and magenta glasses as well?

Yes, I can... However, I don't know what particular shades you have and don't have any myself - so I wont :p

jayjay said:
Is this a game of request every type of 3d in the book?

In that case, I don't have 3d glasses. How about cross-eye stereogram. :p

It's a fun game. I can do cross-eye stereogram too, but I thought telling people to stick their noses on the screen may be misconstrued as some kind of practical joke ;)

Artichoke said:
Is anybody else here considering ordering a pair of 3-D Glasses? Or am I the only one?

It's really up to you, I have some from 3D films I already have, I assumed other people did too (wrongly as it turns out :lol: ).

East Coast(er) General said:
Thekingin64 said:
^They don't work, I've tryed
Which 3D monitor do you have or do you own a 3D TV?

I do hope you're not suggesting the issue could be to do with the lack of 3D devices in his home, rather than a failure on my part to present the correct images? :shock: ;)

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
^ Well I don't have anything like 3d tvs or computers but I do have loads of 3d glasses.

(And how do you know I'm male anyway Furie?)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Thekingin64 said:
^ Well I don't have anything like 3d tvs or computers but I do have loads of 3d glasses.

(And how do you know I'm male anyway Furie?)

So... Apart from your living room, street, school, etc - does anything else appear 3D when you put the glasses on... Considering that they're just bits of plastic with filters...?

And everyone is male until they post a photo... ;)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The red/green really doesn't, no. Neither did the opticians spacial test I had the other day.

"Look at the red dot and tell me when you see any green dots... Did you see them?"

"I'm still looking for the red dot..."

So there's a reason for the red/cyan, plus I know from clever colourticians (new word just for today) like Joey that blue and red are at opposite ends of the spectrum, so the wavelength are at the greatest difference between those two which makes the 3D image more apparent. Sadly, it also leeches most of the red and blue from said images, but at least they're colour blind compatible :)

Xpress

Strata Poster
Screw red/blue photos, try this:

3841.gif

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I can do that too, but it just makes people feel a bit queasy....

Chessington in 3D will be up later today or tomorrow :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's a lot more effort than getting everyone else to eat a couple of Quality Street ;)

Seriously, I can produce it, but you're looking at 10-15 minutes work per image which is just too much I'm afraid :(

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
AltonTowersFan said:
I will do it!, just send me the images, and I will do it!

The images are all in this topic, knock yourself out :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
They're there in the links under the red/cyan images. They're saved as 3D Jpeg files. You need to get software that splits the images into two and then recombine them into a single image.

I have software that does both (it's a command line thing) in one go. You feed in parameters and off it goes.

It doesn't do the pretend 3D Xpress posted though. To do that, I'd have to split the images, save them off and then use different software to combine them into the animate GIF. Hence the reason it's a longer process as each 3D Jpeg needs to be handled individually. Well, there may be software that does it all, but I don't have the time or energy at the moment to find it and learn to use it :)

mikej32

Roller Poster
Hi all,

1st post since joining :--D

If you are doing a 3d section on the site I have a few we did at Orlando (Busch / Seaworld / Universal etc) I could throw in for people to use.

Cheers

Mike

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Lesson of the year... Don't blur the lines between April Fool and reality too much :lol:

Yes, we'd love them, but I haven't quite worked out exactly where and how to present them on the new site yet. It's on a long list of things "to sort out after we go live" :)

Feel free to post links in this topic and I'll sort them all out when I get the chance :)