What's new

Cedar Point | Top Thrill 2 | Triple Launch Renovation | 2024

Sticky_T_Wicky

Roller Poster
what do you mean by that?

That if Intamin did submit a bid on the project, I think that it would've been a swing launch similar to the Zamperla's TT2. But there is a chance that Intamin could've opted for a more forceful LSM launch that tried to get over the top hat on a single launch similar to the design of Red Force. I'm skeptical of that but it is a possibility.

CaliAngel

Roller Poster
Over 3 weeks with no update from the park is quite surprising to me, and semi-starting to worry me.

Not to mention, haven't seen any kind of info on my typical coaster sites mentioning movement around the ride, or even maybe random testing.

Am I missing something or has there been absolutely no news?

smiffy9373

Roller Poster
I was there Friday and Saturday. There was nobody on the TT2 site at all. Just looks like they've given up at the moment. Hopefully just waiting for new/redesigned parts to be manufactured.

Sent from my SM-T545 using Tapatalk

CaliAngel

Roller Poster
I can’t believe this is still closed! It’s been months now. Surely it can’t be too far from reopening?

But, but! Apparently...

It's been seen testing since it closed.

Yeah...we're over 2 months into the closure with absolutely NO communication from the park whatsoever.

Unless we get word by the beginning of August, and as much as Cedar Point doesn't want to admit it, I would suspect this will probably not open through the rest of the season, which would make this entire things revamp for 2024 a big stinkin' dog fart by way of Zamperla.

But hey, they're mad at Intamin, so I hope this headache was worth holding a grudge...

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
What happened?
Shoot the Rapids, along with a ton of other issues.

Can also note that besides the original reason for the ride going down, CP has kept even their own maintanence in the dark. Based on Ohio's legal requirement and CP's own standard for the amount of testing needing to be done for a ride to open, I'd be shocked if TTD2 opened again this summer.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Apparently the park has shifted to “Acts of God” for remediation.

image0.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
So there’s some new action afoot on site, including some new track modifications and track inspection. Unclear what the work is for, but something?