What's new

Cedar Point | Top Thrill 2 | Triple Launch Renovation | 2024

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Don’t mind me, i’m just gonna make some predictions:

New height (spike): 488 Ft tall
4 launches: back, forwards, back + forward
Additional track length added: 987ft
With four launches, you add way too much ride time, which lowers the number of trains that can be sent per hour. If a coaster needs good capacity it is Dragster.

I predict it will only have 3 launches (forwards, backwards and forwards again) and the spike will be around 500 feet just for the sake of keeping the record even for a season or so before Falcon's Flight tries to operate for 2 seconds.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Quick point of clarity: LSMs are in fact brakes, as the onboard magnet attracts to the launch track when it is not energized. This is why separate brake fins needn’t be deployed on an LSM rollback, versus hydraulic or LIM launch.

Man @Hixee, we really should get around to doing that LIM/LSM Table of Elements video! 😂

As to the spike discussion, remember you don't need to get to 500 ft. for the height record - 460 ft. should do it. So it's not a stretch of the imagination to think up a spike just eeking out Kingda Ka, which is also of relative proportion to TTD's 420 ft. top hat, rather than something many, many feet taller.

Also, to unfortunately be that guy - remember how Wicked Twister's spikes measured 215 ft. in height, but the train would arguably never break 200 ft.? It's no stretch of the imagination how slapping on enough track to claim the height record yet have the train never travel that entire height of track would work. A bad sport move, to be sure, but one angle you could use to claim the height record.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Also, to unfortunately be that guy - remember how Wicked Twister's spikes measured 215 ft. in height, but the train would arguably never break 200 ft.? It's no stretch of the imagination how slapping on enough track to claim the height record yet have the train never travel that entire height of track would work. A bad sport move, to be sure, but one angle you could use to claim the height record.

Oh but the hypocrisy if they did that would be joyful. 🙂🤣 You know the whole Magnum being the tallest coaster in the world and first to 200ft thing.

Because despite being considerably taller and opening 6 years earlier Moonsault Scramble's entire car didn't make it past the 200ft mark so wasn't counted.

dontbesuchamcbr

Roller Poster
If the full train doesn't travel to the hight record consistently, it doesn't beat the hight record to me. It's like Kingda Ka always has rollbacks and never makes it over the top hat.

If CP realy wants to beat a hight record, they have to make sure everybody can check it easily.

emoo

Hyper Poster
That could be a tactical sneaky blatant Cedar Fair decision to take the heat off Zamperla. Who also are not the company they were 20 years ago.

cookie

Giga Poster
Rachel Hawes has now filed a lawsuit against Cedar Fair and Intamin for the injuries she sustained from Dragster. She suffered skull fractures and permanent brain damage, and her medical bills are expected to total over $10 million over her lifetime. Hopefully CF and Intamin give her a fair settlement.

Last edited:

Indy

Hyper Poster
Based on this emergence of "CP Racing" and the "new formula for thrills" tagline used in the January 9th announcement video, my hunch is that they are going to tap into the exploding popularity of Formula 1 and go with a grand prix racing theme.

1689346209227.png
Source

Bathtub Gin

Roller Poster
North Star

noun. 1. Astronomy. the polestar or North Star, a star of the second magnitude situated close to the north pole of the heavens, in the constellation Ursa Minor: the outermost star in the handle of the Little Dipper.

I think it sounds like a strip club, though.

dontbesuchamcbr

Roller Poster
I'm not a native speaker, but to me "racing" implies, that you are racing agains someone and not just by yourself, that's time trail.
So it should be pretty much confirmed, that they will build a second top hat with a second spike right next to it, so you can actually make a race.

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
I'm not a native speaker, but to me "racing" implies, that you are racing agains someone and not just by yourself, that's time trail.
So it should be pretty much confirmed, that they will build a second top hat with a second spike right next to it, so you can actually make a race.
I'm going to assume the last sentence is sarcasm but, honestly, I can't tell... But if it's not,1689600394109.png

dontbesuchamcbr

Roller Poster
I thought it should have been pretty clear that is was a joke, since CP would have to demolish several buildings + one coaster and build another TTD 2.0 within one year.
I just think a racing theme without racing is dumb.
Dragsters also race, but you can also do it for the thrill of it, some would even consider that as top thrill. The old theme at least made some sense.