What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
Ben said:
Sorry, what?

Last time I did a US trip we literally put up all the dates and invited anyone along to any of the dates?

Sorry I haven't invited everyone along to the trip that is a basic idea with nothing planned or dates even set.

And FlyerMan, you're right, it's bound to be crap. That's why my count is over 1000 and you can't even count that high.
Epic response

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snoo

The Legend
Ben said:
Sorry, what?

Last time I did a US trip we literally put up all the dates and invited anyone along to any of the dates?

Sorry I haven't invited everyone along to the trip that is a basic idea with nothing planned or dates even set.

And FlyerMan, you're right, it's bound to be crap. That's why my count is over 1000 and you can't even count that high.

Man you jump on the negative train quickly don't you. Let's slow down the crazy for a minute.

You did kinda just prove what I was getting however. Anything in the even remote 'planning' process for the next few years I wouldn't be aware of because.. well.. you don't like me. So of course I wouldn't know, just like you have no idea where I'm heading next year. You know and associate with Lofty who may be aware of something, which is what he was hinting at.

I'm quite aware you post your trips in the forums, something I had planned on (even said as much in your topic) attending had I had free time last go around.

Lofty

CF Legend
TheFlyerMan1 said:
Lofty said:
Snoo said:
I'll ride it for you Lofty.

AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME YOU WERE COMING. Now we need some solid snuggles son.
Hahaha, I know! It'll be part of a trip that Ben is organising, some time next year I think it'll be like May/June time? I'll let you know, though :)

Anything Ben plans is bound to be crap... I just can't wait to see RMC Mean Streak though!
There's completely no need in that post, at all? Just because you were called out for the Borrower Flyer.

Ben

CF Legend
Don't try and be shady towards me and then tell me I'm being negative and 'crazy' - you tried to make me look bad and I picked you on it.

You posted like I'm deliberately not inviting you and hiding the trip and we've established that isn't true. This isn't Texas, you're not Taylor and I'm not all the Americans.

Don't try and make me look bad with a shady comment and then act all nicely like I'm in the wrong when I call you on it.

Snoo

The Legend
LOL! You're taking me LITERALLY saying:

If he's organizing it, of course I wouldn't know about it. We do run in different circles of course.

..as if it's some personal attack. You jumped, as I'll say again, on the personal attack crazy train when my ENTIRE intention, in a very simple and straight forward sentence, was that how would I know? We don't hang out. We don't talk. We don't associate. If it's on the forums or attached to a friend in common, I MAY know about it. Outside of that? I have no idea.

The EXACT same way you have no idea what I'm doing next year. How would you? Nothing more, nothing less.

Slow down Ben. Like seriously, slow down. No shade, nothing negative, just a simple statement of fact. Let's stay off the train to Crazyville and stay here in Sanitytown, shall we?

TheFlyerMan1

Roller Poster
Ben said:

Actually, I can count to 1000. I can count as high as I want. I can count higher than how high your ego is. But I can't count to how high scientists predicted you'll be... You're so full of hot air I'm surprised your feet are still on the ground!

Before I get carried away, does anybody know if Metal Streak (My nickname for it) will receive any inversions?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
TheFlyerMan1 said:
Before I get carried away, does anybody know if Metal Streak (My nickname for it) will receive any inversions?

Considering there is only one RMC without an inversion i'd say it's a safe bet the new ride will have at least one.

Snoo

The Legend
I'll put money on at LEAST a stall or two, barrel roll, etc. I think it will be a combo of Wicked Cyclone and Texas Giant tbh.

Ben

CF Legend
Snoo said:
LOL! You're taking me LITERALLY saying:

If he's organizing it, of course I wouldn't know about it. We do run in different circles of course.

..as if it's some personal attack. You jumped, as I'll say again, on the personal attack crazy train when my ENTIRE intention, in a very simple and straight forward sentence, was that how would I know? We don't hang out. We don't talk. We don't associate. If it's on the forums or attached to a friend in common, I MAY know about it. Outside of that? I have no idea.

The EXACT same way you have no idea what I'm doing next year. How would you? Nothing more, nothing less.

Slow down Ben. Like seriously, slow down. No shade, nothing negative, just a simple statement of fact. Let's stay off the train to Crazyville and stay here in Sanitytown, shall we?

No Snoo, you're being shady. You could have said 'oh have fun might see you there' but instead you had to make a dig at someone not even in the topic, and then call them crazy when they're respond. Nah mate.

And FlyerMan, you might want to think about how you talk to established members (who are also part of the CF team). People who are so rude to people like me don't usually get on well.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
As fun as this is, let's focus back on topic.

The fan generated RMC treatment of Mean Streak has been making the rounds once more across Ohio media. And for good reason - I would love this as a final product!

[tweet]http://twitter.com/cedarpointnews/status/787467740231729153[/tweet]

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The plot thickens:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TonyClarkCP/status/791631943582490624[/tweet]

Checking the 2017 calendar, January 4th and October 4th both occur on a Wednesday. The immediate thought would be either date as a possible announcement for the new roller coaster.

So, to dig into my deep anthologic knowledge of Cedar Point - it's been a while since Cedar Point was in this position; beginning active coaster construction mid to late in the season without announcing the ride. Maverick was the most recent case - they began true construction on it in June/July of 2006, after having laid concrete footers during the 2005 off-season. Maverick was announced in September 2006. TTD however began construction early into the 2002 season, and was not announced until January 2003. MF too began construction mid-1999, but was announced July of that year.

I know they should have a sizeable amount of construction done heading into the 2017 season; waiting until October 4th would be quite the wait while you have a perfectly progressed roller coaster in plain sight. That's why I would think the announcement is January 4th. However, again, that poses a PR issue - announce a ride in January of the year before it's theoretically set to open? That's a very long gap. Of course, Cedar Point could very well be planning to open the new coaster in 2017 after all; however this has not happened in a long time since WT and TTD in 2002/2003. (Not to mention Rougarou's revamp in 2016) I would still think opening mid-season to be out of the question; Cedar Fair has almost 100% aimed to open rides at the beginning of the season. Cedar Point Shores, the water park revamp, will also be opening in 2017; I certainly wouldn't want to have multiple new additions clash for attention.

Could be a red herring, could be an actual date, or even could be an off-season event, such as Winter Chill Out.

Actually, I'm gonna go with Winter Chill Out.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Youngster Joey said:
TheFlyerMan1 said:

Considering there is only one RMC without an inversion i'd say it's a safe bet the new ride will have at least one.

Two...New Texas Giant, and Lighting Rod.

TheFlyerMan1

Roller Poster
I hope they keep the curve above the lift hill... It adds to the excitement, not knowing exactly how tall the drop is from certain angles.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Gazza said:
Youngster Joey said:
TheFlyerMan1 said:

Two...New Texas Giant, and Lighting Rod.

I always thought the reverse before the outer banked airtime hill was steep enough to be an inversion but re-watching the pov it does appear you're right.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The turnaround over the lift should be an outer wave turn because **** logic.

Also more stalls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
A January announcement wouldn't surprise me. It would be after season pass prices go up, so they might be less concerned with the announcement clashing with Cedar Point Shores.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Youngster Joey said:
TheFlyerMan1 said:

There's 2 - NTG and LR...